• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RFC Europe Files

These were the cities PSYX changed. Should the Kievan cities be named as per these city names, or your provided samples?

PSYX gave wrong city names, and was not attentive to the map.

Papa1 made the correct map and bets his head that all the cities are in the correct places. He and White Hawk did a huge job studying various documents to determine cities' locations and foundation dates. So they assume they have the most true-to-life map, not PSYX.

Sorry to contradict you, but my plan is to release Beta 1 within the next couple of days. However, the changes from alpha 12 will be very small -- just some bug fixes and the new manual. People probably don't have to re-download it if they already have Alpha 12.

The purpose of doing this is to prevent any show-stopping bugs in Beta 1 which will attract some new players and we want to make a good first impression.

After that we will begin work on some of the balance and gameplay issues people have identified. Just so people know, we're not ignoring your comments, just deferring them for right now.

I think I didn't see this post. (scrolled to fast) But I'm not complaining, I like it!

It appears Venice's UHVs, which majority of the people agree are too easy, are still the same. When are they going to be changed?

It appears Venice's UHVs, which majority of the people agree are too easy, are still the same. When are they going to be changed?

I think the plan is for the Alpha 12 to be bug-fixed before the release of the Beta. Then gameplay tweaks can be addressed. But there are still larger issues like "TXT" problems and the stillborn Germany phenomena that take priority at this point.

PSYX gave wrong city names, and was not attentive to the map.

Papa1 made the correct map and bets his head that all the cities are in the correct places. He and White Hawk did a huge job studying various documents to determine cities' locations and foundation dates. So they assume they have the most true-to-life map, not PSYX.

Okay, since I do not want him to lose his head. :)

OK,
Just downloaded the Beta version, and it doesn't seem to install correctly. It will load the mod fine, but then when you go to single player/ play scenario, it lists all available scenarios EXCEPT RFCEurope. When I try the shortcut through the WB save, it just crashes.
Also, should there be an extra folder for this? My unzip gives me RFCEurope_Beta1\RFCEurope\ then the Assets-Public Maps-Refs-Manual folders. Is this correct?

It sounds about right, but maybe you need just an easy fix:
Did you move the RFCEurope folder (not the RFCEurope_Beta1) to Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope?
Is your Beyond the Sword updated to 3.19?
Is the folder complete? (It's size is about 320 MB)

OK,
Just downloaded the Beta version, and it doesn't seem to install correctly. It will load the mod fine, but then when you go to single player/ play scenario, it lists all available scenarios EXCEPT RFCEurope. When I try the shortcut through the WB save, it just crashes.
Also, should there be an extra folder for this? My unzip gives me RFCEurope_Beta1\RFCEurope\ then the Assets-Public Maps-Refs-Manual folders. Is this correct?

Try running the RFCEurope file from the folder. ;)

OK, tried this without the extra folder, and now it crashes when I try to load the mod. I have tried to start the program from the WB save, and it crashes before even opening the program. I do have the 3.19 patch, and the folder contains Assets, Public Maps, Reference and Manual, plus ConFig settings (and .bak) for both RFCEurope, and RFCEurope_Beta1. I believe that this was about 320MG when I downloaded it.

Please update the first post, by removing Alpha 12 and replacing it with directions to get Beta 1. Also please post up a changelog between Alpha 12 and Beta 1, what minor changes have been made?

Tried this the other way (with the RFCEurope_Beta1 folder), and it still crashes when trying to load a mod. Will try with both again.

With the RFCEurope folder inside the RFCEurope folder, the Mod will load, but when you go to Single Player/Play A Scenario, you aren't limited to just the RFCEurope Scenario; all the choices for scenarios except RFCEurope show up. At least the Mod will load, tho.

Please update the first post, by removing Alpha 12 and replacing it with directions to get Beta 1. Also please post up a changelog between Alpha 12 and Beta 1, what minor changes have been made?

Their is a changelog. Look in the Readme.

You speak about Beta 1 - and where it is? On the first page it is not present...

Readme.txt inside RFCEurope forlder (beta 1) is not a changelog.
Only info is
"Changes for Beta 1 (from ALPHA 12):
Only a few missing TXT_KEYs fixed."
from sedna17's post.

Maybe I have the complete version because I'm involved in the sourceforge. But if you had looked in the spoiler in sedna's post you said, you should have found the rest.

I am still very confused where to find the changelog, can someone PLEASE tell me specifically where I can find the changes made to this mod??

I am still very confused where to find the changelog, can someone PLEASE tell me specifically where I can find the changes made to this mod??

First page this threat, 2nd post, in the spoiler.

Top Bottom