• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Riots in Tottenham after Mark Duggan shooting protest

It would really be great if we could actually have a thread about the rioters.

Mods, do you guys even care about trolling?

Aye, surely if your anger is focused on the police - then why do you set fire to your neighbours corner shop? It kinda suggests they're just rioting for fun.

Contrary to popular opinion, rioters are not enfolded within a Hive mind. Some of the less political participants saw an opportunity to apply 10-finger and 2-arm discounts.

Take a wild guess.

Intriguing...:think:

No of course not - objectivism takes its ethics from Aristotle.
So you would feel that the ethical reaction to a man shooting at the police must be very careful to avoid an unnecessarily adverse reaction, in order to secure the Golden Mean?

This is footage of the police beating a 16 year old lass senseless, in case you're wondering exactly what sparked all of this.

Link to video.

Warning for NSWF for language, and, experience leads me to predict, the inevitable fascistoid apologism that our resident state violence cheering squad will rush to us with their usual vigour.

No of course not - objectivism takes its ethics from Aristotle. Have you ever heard the phrase by Socrates that no man knowingly does evil? Objectivism is aimed primarily at the increase of knowledge and human progress, which is best achieved through capitalism and an ethics of individualism. Initiating force against other people - let alone against police officers - is completely unnacceptable to objectivist ethics.

Are you qualifying man in some non-trivial way? Humans (and men), by common agreement as to what constitutes a human (a man), are capable of knowingly doing evil. Many of them have a habit of lying about it when they do so, and then claiming objectivism.

Here's an eyewitness audio account from BBC News which confirms it started with the beating of the 16-year-old girl.

Link to video.

So you would feel that the ethical reaction to a man shooting at the police must be very careful to avoid an unnecessarily adverse reaction, in order to secure the Golden Mean?

Nope - I think you should drop that sucker with a headshot.

Using riots to discredit protests is highly effective. Compare to the derailment of this thread.

All you need is one spark, but considering the way how the British police of late have been working, it is not surprising that they might well have been the spark to set the flames off.

Moderator Action: OK guys, words of caution:

There will be no more trolling/thread derailement attempts. This thread is about the Riots and the possible causes for it. There will be no musings about who the 'left' will 'cheer' for and similar incendiary remarks.

Thanks, Grisu

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It is understandable that the local police station were unable to give the protesters the information they were seeking. The officers involved in the pursuit of Duggan would have been from the Operation Trident unit, with the local force kept in the dark. The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) then immediately took over the investigation. The family of Duggan should have been kept updated by an IPCC "reference group", but that didn't happen.

This is footage of the police beating a 16 year old lass senseless, in case you're wondering exactly what sparked all of this.

Link to video.

Warning for NSWF for language, and, experience leads me to predict, the inevitable fascistoid apologism that our resident state violence cheering squad will rush to us with their usual vigour.

I actually cannot make that out very well, can anybody else?

EDIT: Well looks like Formalderhyde's video clears that up!

For all of the bashing of the London police, I'd much rather have them on my side than any of the rioters if I was faced with a mugger. These "heroes" are nothing but criminals.

Top Bottom