Demographics

The Horseguy

Chieftain
Does anyone here know how the "annual income per capita" is calculated I am talking about the listing on the demographics screen. In my current game I am the largest civ, most advanced civ, and still I have an annual income of like 48 bucks. The Sioux have a annual income of 2280. Where or how is this calculated? Help?

------------------
Blah Blah Blah..!

WoW! 2280? You are gonna lose that game!

To tell you the truth, I never have worried about such things to the extent that I want to know a furmula, but it seems to me that if you are the largest civ you should seriously start building some improvements.

Is the competitor AI? If so, they automatically get more than human players above king level.

Government has alot to do with it too, and the level of happyness on each government.

MrLeN

------------------
Where there is money, there are liars!

[This message has been edited by MrLeN (edited February 25, 2001).]

I think that it is most likely an error in the game. I have tried it myself a few time.
The demographics showed that some other Civ had an "annual income per capita" that was much higher than mine, even with 100% tax, but they never seems to have any money and there was never any special resistance from them.

------------------
Veni Vidi Vici.

Coolbook: Cunobelin Of Hippo, Håkan Eriksson, vladmir_illych_lenin, stellar converter, Stormerne.

I know what he's saying, the same thing happens to me indifferent categories. Like productivity, It's not that big of a margine but it doesn't seem posssible. Especially if you've discover Robotics and no one else has, how can anyone be more productive than you?

------------------
"Nothing in the world can endure forever"
-Roman Citizen

Well i have played a few more rounds and i now have an annual income of 480 wooo, still a far cry from the Souix and i have been trading like a freak! The thing that gets me is they had this income in 1000 B.C.and they only have about ten cities. When i posted the first time i was still a Monarchy now i am a Democ, my gnp increased as i traded and am now at 3890.00 million for gnp. The Souix are up around 4680.00 million. Yeah i have robotics and my production is lower than some other civ. I was not really worried about the annual income or gnp, it just annoying and wanted to know where on earth these calculations came from???

------------------
Blah Blah Blah..!

Interesting note..i decided to take over the souix with my spies, because i was interested in seeing how these numbers were calculated. By the time i got to the last city, the annual income for the souix was 39,990! None of their former cities were trading heavily or anything, i now think this is a bug exclusive to the souix. After talking over all their cities my annual income stayed around 600. I am going to try playing as the souix one time and see what happens. Can anyone else verify this, anyone in a current game that could check this, or supply any information on this topic. Thanks

------------------
Blah Blah Blah..!

Pillage their roads and destroy their marketplaces. See what happens.

Okay, gnp per capita is not gnp%population.
Productivitly might be how productive your cities are, like if you had a lot of mines, then your productivity would be higher.

I've noticed that the better off your civ is, the smaller your family size. Where the hell does the demographics come up with all of these?

I just don't like it when the game posts such bogus reports. I work in software so maybe I am more annoyed by this bug than most. Its really the first time that I have ever scrutinized anything about the game before. I find the demographics screen interesting and i was wondering what was causing the delusional stats, I hate buggy software! However I love the trading aspect of the game and I hope the new game (civ3) pays more attention to the trading stats and trade in general. MrLen i note you just give a quick glance over the demo report, well then my question is why have the report anyways, it serves no real purpose, you can get your current population from the main window anyway. I also hate the fact that you can only make a limt of 30000 bucks, i hate that. I could go on...but i digress its a good game with some silly bugs.

------------------
Blah Blah Blah..!

I use demo report to check: *relative* pop (compared to other civs), lands size (how well am I exploring-minor point), GNP and Mfg goods just to see how I'm doing, and I pay attention to per capita income and per capita productivity. These last two probably I'm most interesed in. If they fall too far, I start to get concerned. The rest I ignore for the most part.

I don't think you can be too concerned with or base any decisions from the reports that come from the demo screen. As I have been learning, the numbers do not seem to provide any significant data or even truthful data relevant to your civs overall performance (ie annual income per capita, and productivity) see the post by Dreadnought.

------------------
Blah Blah Blah..!

Top Bottom