Military Policy

Falcon02

General
Recently the Culture programs have taken priority in our nation, and as a result our Military been neglected recently. It will take massive amounts of gold to upgrade our all Pikes at once. So this upgrading project will last overtime using most or all of the Military budget.

Also, people have been pushing for War. Some pushing for war with China (I kinda lean this way myself). And the Crusaders are pushing for war with the Iro.

I don't intend to have our nation directly declare war on any other nation (attack first). However, if any nation attacks us I want to make sure we have the power to make them pay with at least half their empire shortly after war begins. At this time though, our Military Strength isn't enough to make such a counter-offensive possible so quickly.

This thread is to discuss how we're going to face these issues.

i say we declare war with china but before we do this that we put our attacking unit across the border.
the upgrading will cost alot of money and there is only about 200
gold in the treasury....
so i say we put on wealth in some citys and cut a little bit on the luxery slider

Great initiative! The Department of Foreign Affairs will certainly help shape policy for the Military Department.

Currently, our Foreign Affairs Department has one instance for starting military action:
- We will declare war only in the event that an ally requests an alliance against a civ below that ally's rank.

However, we will continue to form more policy, make changes as necessary, and work within these bounds. We will of course, respond to both emergencies and will of the citizenry.

we should use the english as a slaveciv(extrotion,closingborders...etc)
and attack the chinese with our units and victory shall be ours!

take Dover or one of thier ports, that would give us wines and a harbor

Originally posted by Plexus
take Dover or one of thier ports, that would give us wines and a harbor
our reputation would be damaged plexus.
if there is any room avaible on the english island build a city and take the english cities by culture

hmmmm we could invade england,but we would have a reputation hit and we wouldnt want that?dont we?:D
but if we trade for the resource the cost would be too high

propose an unfair deal of course to worsen relations and then move in our attack force, instant war. :)

and i think that we should do a direct assualt on the capital of england and on dover and then peace for money or worksers.
(WE NEED WORKERS)

No war! we must use peaceful means of trade to get the wines. Of course, if we do get into a war, we must have extensive preparations beforehand. We must build a massive strike force to have a short and clean war.

Before we look to instigate actions with China, England or the Iroquois Nation we should complete our own Manifest Destiny through the CAP program. Greece holds title to lands that are ours by right. (Because we said so ;) )

I would like to see war with the Chinese but not have our reputation damaged. So I propose that we make them declare war by making them pay to much gpt.:goodjob:

I am against offensive wars, regardless. I also don't believe we should try to 'engineer' wars either. What's the point of claiming to be honourable by not starting wars if we're just going to try to find a way around it by in instigating wars and inciting neighbours instead?

Top Bottom