Governor's Poll - Change in Article I of the Constitution - The Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This is our first Senatorial (governor) poll for approval of a Constitutional change. This thread is open only to governors and is not a discussion thread. All governors should reply in this thread with their vote of YES, NO, or ABSTAIN. This measure will require affirmative support of 2/3 of the governors.

Original Article (section to be changed is in blue)
Article I: The number of votes cast in the most recent presidential election shall constitute a census of citizens (the Congress). A majority of the Congress shall be required to amend the Constitution. A 2/3 majority of the Senate shall be required to ratify said amendment.

Proposed Change (change is in blue)
Article I: The average of the number of votes cast in each of the most recent contested elections shall constitute a census of citizens (the Congress). A majority of the Congress shall be required to amend the Constitution. A 2/3 majority of the Senate shall be required to ratify said amendment.

Clarification
This change would change our census from being equal to the number of votes in the latest Presidential election to being an average of the number of votes in all of the latest round elections that had votes (uncontested positions are not averaged in with a zero vote count).

Background
This topic was discussed in this thread.

Poll Duration
This poll will close after passing (2/3 support achieved) or being defeated (more than 1/3 responses against).

Any discussions must be held in the main discussion thread for this topic, here
Governors feel free to express your opinion, though most issues have already been tabled and discussed to death.

MOD: Almightyjosh is correct. This thread is reserved for governors to vote and is not a discussion thread. I have removed the non-senatorial posts (including my own).

Moderator Action: Post removed
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

donsig, this is your last warning. Stop posting in this thread. It is not a discussion thread, as you have already been told twice. There are legitimate places for you to post your inquiries. You may handle your queries through PMs or the appropriate province threads.

Originally posted by donsig
Moderator Action: Post removed
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

donsig, this is your last warning. Stop posting in this thread. It is not a discussion thread, as you have already been told twice. There are legitimate places for you to post your inquiries. You may handle your queries through PMs or the appropriate province threads.

Never heard of civil disobedience Shaitan? I've been campaigning against bad rules in this game since term two. Our current constitution guarantees citizens the right to free speech, the right to assemble and the right to a fair trial even though our distinguished (ex-?)Chief Justice has so far refused to uphold this last right.

This vote is a very political issue and it is no secret that Shaitan and I have opposing viewpoints on it. It may or may not be appropriate for me to ask this very legitimate question in this thread. Given the constitutional rights mentioned above I would think it is not up to the Chief Justice or a mod to decide the appropriateness and remove my post without a proper investigation.

So, once again, I ask these Senators to please publicly state why they have voted yes for this constitutional amendment. I would point out that of the seven Senators voting, only two had made posts in the discussion thread. I also do not think I should be made to pm 5 Senators or make posts in five different threads when this can be answered here, in one place for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom