Science Poll #3

What technology should we research next?

• Masonary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alphabet

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Pottery

• The Wheel

• Mysticism

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strider

In Retrospect
Which tech would you prefer for us to build upon... This is one of the last informational/ poll I will create after this I will make a queue based on results and see how people like it.

Thanks,
Strider
Four Term Science Leader

I would go with the Alphabet :). How did Mystics get in there? Did Mr. Abstain changed his name? ;).

Dang it... I forgot abstain again.... Very sorry.... (I normally put abstain on my polls... two polls in a roll are strange for me) I'll get eyrei or shaitan to change it.

Strider my good man you have once again forgotten abstain.

Why must you be so quick to post a poll? Did you read the post I recently made in your department thread about posting a proposed poll in the appropriate discussion thread before actually posting the poll/ this can and should be done for informational polls as well as official polls.

Originally posted by donsig
Strider my good man you have once again forgotten abstain.

Why must you be so quick to post a poll? Did you read the post I recently made in your department thread about posting a proposed poll in the appropriate discussion thread before actually posting the poll/ this can and should be done for informational polls as well as official polls.

No I did not read your post in the science department thread before posting this :)....

Also I see no reason why I should be restricted on posting informational polls.... If we run the entire demogame this way it will take forever....

We do not need to bore the pants off of are citizens.

as you will all recall, the last poll for science registered that the will of the people favored a straight path to monarchy. everyone please vote your conscience as that is the only was to uphold true democracy, but i strongly urge everyone to support the proposal for mysticism.

Originally posted by neutral leader
as you will all recall, the last poll for science registered that the will of the people favored a straight path to monarchy. everyone please vote your conscience as that is the only was to uphold true democracy, but i strongly urge everyone to support the proposal for mysticism.

And once again I'll counter by saying that alphabet will be a much better choice. If we get libries as soon as possible will can increase are culture and science. Libries are the main science and culture building throughout the game. We are also a scientific & miltiristic nation. Why not use both of those traits to are full advantage? If we get lit as soon as possible we can almost double are research rate. With a higher research rate we can aquire techs sooner which will allow us to keep better armies.

The winner is always the smartest and the strongest. Period.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
ABCDEFG go alphabet! go literature! go gl!
strider- if we were to trade for alphabet, would we go research writing?

No Mysticism most likely. No matter what side wins we try to work both ways.

ALPHABET... we need that Great Library

Alphabet

Four ovbiows reezuns!

EDIT: Post 2000! Party Time!!!!! [party] :fish: [dance] :king: :beer: :grad: :santa:

I'd like to thank thunderfall(for the forums and the mod/opship), ph(for retiring :p), the posters(where would I be w/out you guys), lefty(for lightening a few days with his nonsensical humor :)), fionn(for the chats we've had on aim and such), suntzu(for being there. bud!), palehorse76 again(for hours of chatting and posting together!), hippo(for being my partner in modship), chieftess(for encouraging me:p), and last, but certainly not least, floppa..for the humor and including me in your sig!

And all the litle people too!

Mysticism, because I feel that Fanatika's future will be best ensured by aggressive warmongering, and what better government is there for war than Monarchy? :king:

hmmm seems there are two sides: side 1 - monarchy, side 2 - libraries...
since we are playing a very high level i think our best course would be like strider said one of strength and knowledge, that would mean we follow both paths.....hmmm side 1 and 2 on a collision course........i say we go libraries as early as possible (forget the GL its a lost cause) then head for monarchy

there will be plenty of time for libraries later. right now we are being smothered by having the workers in our cities only produce at 50 percent efficiency. that hurts everything, it slows growth, depletes the treasury, kills research, and brings industry to a screeching halt. only monarchy will remove us in the fastest way possible from this oppressive worker incompetence.

there will be plenty of time for libraries later. right now we are being smothered by having the workers in our cities only produce at 50 percent efficiency. that hurts everything, it slows growth, depletes the treasury, kills research, and brings industry to a screeching halt. only monarchy will remove us in the fastest way possible from this oppressive worker incompetence.
I agree. In fact, if you didn't post it, I would have. Monarchy helps science as well, plus it gives other benefits.

I disagree.... Are workers are working fine. Libries are what we need right now. We need to increase are culture to encourage more people to join us. We need to increase are science rate to make sure we do not fall behind.

And unless they changed it I believe monarchy does not increase your science rate.

I picked Alphabet. Getting to Libraries = larger cultural boundaries, higher culture, more cities converting to us. And they are cheap (relatively speaking).

Either way, Literature or Monarchy, I'd pick one path to take, and trade for the other.

(Of course, I'm sure our Science Minister is not happy with the Science Rate.)

Originally posted by civ_steve
I picked Alphabet. Getting to Libraries = larger cultural boundaries, higher culture, more cities converting to us. And they are cheap (relatively speaking).

Either way, Literature or Monarchy, I'd pick one path to take, and trade for the other.

(Of course, I'm sure our Science Minister is not happy with the Science Rate.)

Another reason why I want libries.... Are science rate is going to be low almost the whole game in my prediction. Libries will help us alot on staying on schedule.

Top Bottom