Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ehecatl Atzin

Lore Master
Hear yeh! Hear yeh!

The discovery of iron working has opened a vast new road of trade with our neighbours, the english. The Foreign Ministry, while normally rejecting the exchange of a military technology recognizes the need to aquire more knolledge and advance our steps in the great tree of wisdom into monarchy and beyond if we are not to be left in the technological dust!

This poll shall remain open until saturday, it is binding and during the next turn chat whatever decision the citizens reach shall be upheld.
You may find the discussion regarding this trade in the Foreign Ministry page, in the Government Forum.

Thank you, that is all.
Ehecatl Atzin

would preferr Masonry & The wheel, or any two techs, but if we cannot get that dont trade.

My friends, we have reached a crossroad. Should we go one way, go towards knoweledge while kicking some serious butt, we will foind ourselves rewarded with what we in science call a "Great Library". Should we go another way, this library may be no more then a dreamers vision.
Friends, Germans, Countrymen, lend me your ears,
for I am here today to tell you of a possible future. If we go for Alphabet, we can become smarter. We could reap off of our enemys knoweldge, grabbing it and squeezing out every last drop. We could have superior weapons while they still rely on Spearmen. We can be GODS! Yes, my friends, GODS. We will be a powerful force, a force to be reconed with. And we will prevail. All this can be yours at the low, low price of Alphabet, followed by Writing, then Literature while a palace prebuild is in session.

Thank you,
SaaM
The Penguin

For heaven's sake if we can get the alphabet though a trade then let us do it so we can return to our research path towards monarchy!

If we're to trade iron working to the English then we should sell it to the Japanese as well. The Aztecs already have iron working.

Masonry + the Wheel.

These two techs will help us become stronger and more flexible militarily by allowing us to prepare for a horseman upgrade-rush should we choose to take that route, and by enabling us to build city walls which will be very useful when built in settler farms with their low population and consequently lower defense bonus. Iron Working is already out of Pandora's Box, so we might as well profit from its dissemination.

i agree with our humble minister of war, the aztecs have iron working and they probably have traded (assume the worst in every case, makes life that much easier when it isnt), so we should go for as much as we can before its too late.....

oh btw it isnt quite pandoras box...........but it could hurt us as bad if they have a iron source

We even need to make sacrifices in trade on this higher difficulty. Trading is much more agreesive - if we keep our techs to ourselves, we will fall behind, and no one will want to trade with us.

@ Donsig -- The japanese have offered 80 gp for iron, they seem unwilling to trade anything else.

@ Octavian X -- No, the english did not offer any gold.

Please remember that this trade is critical, iron working is, right now, our only barganing chip, we must use it wisely. Each trade offers us a diferent route, alphabet will lead us to monarchy and the great library. The weel and masonry, as Eklektikos has stated into a defensive and military advantage. Japan has the weel and masonry, maybe they would trade it for alphabet, but that's another poll. What ever decision you make will affect our immediate future.
Choose wisely friends.

Ehecatl Atzin

I selected Masonry and the Wheel. This will bring us closer to Horsemen.

I do have to ask whether there are any opportunities for secondary trades. If we traded and got Alphabet, could we turn around and trade Alphabet for something else from someone else? If so, I'd rather do that.

okay. it looks like we will be researching alphabet and trading for masonry/wheel. do any of our nearer neighbors have either of these? if not, i propose we trade these for alphabet and research writing. Remember Science's (at least mine) motto- dont bother learning. let the AI do it for you with the Great library.

happy penguin note-
i ordered my pc components. by the tc after next, i will have 1.29

I urge everyone to go now and vote for me to be the Trade Ministries turn chat rep. This will benefit us all if the Trade ministry is unable to make a TC, ill be there. I have no problem making the turnchats. Go vote now.

The Great Iguanaman

The aztecs have masonry, japan has the weel and masonry.

Ehecatl

I'd be inclined to go for the wheel. That way, we can ID sorces of horses (it rhymes!) quickly, and take them. We will obviously need horses later for the all-important knights and cavalry.

Once, I went an entire game without horses. I was lucky to win...

Right now, I'm in a game without iron!

Ehecatl Atzin

I won a game with mostly horsemen once. Luckily, I claimed the saltpeter before Russia did (which placed me at the domination limit! :)). Lots of horsemen can wreck havoc on swordsmen. (I wonder how the horsemen vs. Celtic swordsmen battles will turn out when PTW comes.. but that's another topic for another day).

Originally posted by Ehecatl Atzin
@ Donsig -- The japanese have offered 80 gp for iron, they seem unwilling to trade anything else.

You should subscribe to Die Fanatischen Zeiten

Then you'd know that:

The Japanese would give us 80 gold for iron working. They would sell us masonry for iron working and 24 gold. They would sell us the wheel for iron working and 42 gold.

When you ask what they will give for iron working they say 80 gold. But ask what they want for either masnry or they wheel and you get a different offer.

Top Bottom