Possible PTW Demogame. Ideas and Discussions

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
I was browsing through Apolyton Demogame forum and I had discovered that they are planing to have a PTW Demogame when PTW Expantion comes out.

Originaly posted by MrWhereItsAt of Apolyton Demogame
Some posters from a group (mainly [Apolyton] Civ3 DemoGame Citizens) that wants to start up a PTW Democracy game asked me to be a kind of spokesperson to ask the mods for a forum. Recently I got a reply from MarkG - he wants a sign-up thread. If there is enough interest, then a forum we may have, and things like members-only areas could possibly be handled the same way as in the rather extinct [Apolyton] Civ2 Multi-Site game forum (although no-one there has been ANY help in telling me how this is done )
PTW Democracy Game (note this is an informative/sign up page :) )

This Idea can be applyed for Users who are planing on Buying and using PTW. I know that there is a plan on having a Multiplayer Democracy Game and Chieftess has also presented The Game of Republic which uses PTW.
We can also use the existing Civ3 Demogame Consitution for the PTW Demogame ;). I know there are some people that are not going to buy PTW and so the CivIII Demogame would be for users who play with the original-patched version of Civ III. While the PTW Demogame would be for users that have and use both CivIII and PTW. I am not sure if other CivIII Demogames, other than CFC and Poly, have the same idea.

I would really like to see this idea move forward, but I don't know how active I can be. I'm pretty swamped right now...

The problem of PTW Demogaming would be the security of the nations against each other.
As long as that would not be guaranteed, there will propably not be a multiplayer demogame. Are there any ideas concerning that?

I am not sure about if there is any ideas regarding Multiplayer security. Most likely the PTW Demogame would be more likely to have actions in the single player mode. The problem with Multiplayer is if we meet up with another Civ, or any other action that would make us stop the game and do as as Eriey says, "Take it to the forums". Mostlikely the Multiplayer version of the PTW Demogame would not succed (Due because of security, and other misc reasons) but the Single Player version of the PTW Demogame would succed giving players who instaled and play PTW an alternative for the CivIII Demogame with out messing up the saves (See the incident about installing the v1.29 patch in the first demogame)

v1.92? When did that come out?

Anyway, perhaps we could get some privacy here at CFC. I know in the current Civ3 MP forum, TF talke about adding password protected forums for clans once v3.0 of vBulletin comes out. Then again, he has a history of rejecting MP demogames...

Top Bottom