960AD - Informational Poll - What to do with Hengest?

What shall we do with Hengest?

• Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Androbius

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Dapperdan

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Ise

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Nocsfiedera

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Civanatoria

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Pensacola

• Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Kuhkaff

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Bavaria

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Valhalla

• Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Naerva

• Rush Smith's Trading Co. in Gunningheim

• Rush Smith's Trading Co. in a different city

• Move our Palace to this city... (please provide location in your post below)

• Wait for a different Great Wonder (Newton's, etc...)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Build an Army

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other (please provide details in your post below)

• Total voters

FortyJ

Deity
This poll is informational only. It is an attempt to better determine what to do our newest Great Leader, and if applicable, where to do it?

Desipte the informational nature of this poll, all citizens are encouraged to participate and voice your opinions here and in the corresponding discussion thread.

I say Ise!!

I say Nocs! It's close to the Babylonian city within our border!

Let's go Pensacola! It... Er... Has a cool name ^_^

Let us build Mr. Smith a Trading Company, and that company be placed in Bavaria!

As the Lord Mayor of our glourious capital city of Bavaria, I fully support building Smith's Trading Company in the city.

Erm... Ahem... Names aside, I believe it is a bad idea to waste the production of one of our large cities to produce this wonder. Of all our cities, Bavaria is in very little need of the extra culture, and does not need to build the wonder. I would suggest using one of our smaller cities, such as Ise, Dapperdan, or Pensacola. All have their respective benefits and disadvantages.
Pensacola for safety (Very low chance of Capture/Culture Flip.)
Dapperdan for it's high defense (Well defended due to hill and gems)
Nocsfiedera to be a culture buffer (May convert Babs to *us*, but we also risk losing Nocs to *them,* along with our wonder)

There are other choices obviously, but those three stick out in my mind... Obviously, it's up to the people, but I'd caution against putting all our Wonders in one basket. Bavaria has better things to do than build yet *another* wonder for their collection, such as building units to retake our lost Northern Province!

Build an Army so we can conquer the world! :evil:

@Fionn, sorry but:

a. we need to build something now so we have a chance to get another Great Leader.

b. Newton's may give us a Golden Age we are not ready for yet.

I voted for Smith to set up shop in Kuhkaff. No particular reason; I just think a trading company would fare much better in an established city and not off in the mountains.

I like Kuhkaff or Valhalla. Valhalla is better for a Trading company as it is coastal so I voted that in this poll.

I believe That the poll should note the cities where Hengist can be used in the first turn as that is a critical item for me and many other voters.

Sorry, I can't see putting a Great Wonder on the coast for easy capture. I voted Kuhkaff.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I believe That the poll should note the cities where Hengist can be used in the first turn as that is a critical item for me and many other voters.
I chose these cities, because they are all reachable in one turn.

EDIT: I decided to double-check my work after posting my last post.... It is true that the cities listed above represent the cities that Hengest can reach in one turn. However, in my initial assessment, I neglected to consider the 1/3 MP required to still rush the wonder. If Hengest uses up all of his MP getting to his destination, he would not be able to rush the project until next turn. Therefore, Civanatoria and Pensacola (sorry Veera ;)) should be grouped with the "other city" category representing those locations that cannot be rushed this turn.

Ok then, the Civanatoria and Nocfiedera votes should remain in the Southwest Province and should be given to Nocsfiedera! :D

I voted Kuhkaff,if it mustn't be on the coast,don't build it there.

Yes, well then, if I had to vote for another city than Pensacola, I'd choose Nocsfiedera...

Top Bottom