Term 7 - "Lake Land" Province

Noldodan

2 years of waiting...
Hello. I am Noldodan (NOT Noldolan), the newly elected governor of this fair, although conquered province. My name translates to "Wise Man" in Elvish, and I hope to live up to it. I am the first governor of Eldarinórë, and thus I have a duty to start Eldarinórë on the path to prosperity.

The borders of our province were carved out of the former Indian Empire by FortyJ after the liberation of the area by the Fanatikan cavalry forces. It currently consists of the cities of Bombay, Calcutta, Delhi and Lahore under our control, and the cities of Dacca, Kolhapur, Madras, New Shanghai, Punjab and Tyendenaga under Chinese control. About a third of the province is covered in jungle, however most of that is in Chinese territory. The Fanatikan portion is a third grassland, a third plains and a third mountainous.

(Copied from my debate) I plan on a few things, *mostly* related to increasing prosperity in the province. Bombay will become a worker/settler factory for implementing the size 12 plan or simply to improve land, and might eventually (with a courthouse) become a major science producer. Calcutta has somewhat dismal prospects, at least until it receives a courthouse or at least some citizens become Fanatikan. Lahore could become a pretty good producer with some of the hills mined, but this would take many workers to accomplish. At last Delhi, the jewel of Lake Land. After helping with the size 12 plan and making workers for improvements, and also the hills nearby being mined, it could become a very good producer, possibly 60+. The Chinese cities in this province have limited production prospects, except for possibly Madras. I also wish to rename Delhi to Minas Alcar and to contrive a new name for this province. All suggestions to this end are welcome.

The almost-current state of Eldarinórë.

I should suggest that you build courthouses immediately, and police stations if we ever get the tech for them. Also, try to keep these cities in We love the king day, to reduce corruption. I suggest that to get a city into WLTKD, we build a marketplace, then if that dont fix it, a temple, then cathederal, then colloseum.

*bump* Still looking for ANY suggestions for a province name...

A poll concerning the new CoL amendments and their effect on Governors has been posted here. Please vote.

Originally posted by Noldodan
*bump* Still looking for ANY suggestions for a province name...
My map for the new Indian province has several names in Fanatikan (psuedo-German) that would be of use inlcluding Waldensee ("Woods and Water") An Elvish or Sanskrit version of this might help you.

After a day or two of deliberation, I have come up with the following suggestions for the names of certain landmarks within "Lake Land." The mountain SE of Dehli will be called "Erebor" :)D) meaning Lonely Mountain, the river running through the middle of the province will be called "Nen Celeb" :)D) meaning Silver Water, the prominent jungle currently covering half the province "Aldar Nin" :)D) meaning Wet Trees, and the range of hills running North and South will be called "Emyn Ened" meaning Middle Hills (creative, huh?). Guess what language they're in!:D Anyway, please post anything you like (or heaven forbid, don't like) about these proposed geographical namings.

Excellent! The world needs more Elda influence. And the language was originally invented to sound and look good.

Please participate in this poll on the renaming of the cities of Quellewasser province. Approval was overwhelming in the first poll last week, but we missed quorum by a vote.

Langrave Feodor

At long last, I FINALLY have an idea for a name for "Lake Land," Eldarinórë! It means "Land of [the] Elves" in Quenya. (And if you don't know what Quenya is by now, shame on you!) I may also plan this name to correspond with *certain* other ideas that I have. (Fier Canadien, you know what I'm talking about) See this poll to vote.

Well, with 11 votes for and none against, I do believe that Eldarinórë shall be the new name of "Lake Land." Thank you for your support! This land shall henceforth be known as Eldarinórë, Land of the Elves. (not to be confused with the Land of the Elvises;))

If anybody has any ideas for possibly an Elvish RPing group or perhaps a Languages Association, please post them here. (Maybe Feodor and I should get together and teach Quenya and Classical Fanatikan... Hmm...)

Due to an expression of interest by 4 parties, I believe that I shall be forming an Elvish citizens group. But what exactly do citizens groups DO? I don't believe that I have ever seen evidence of a single one... Any answers from the veteran demogamers?

EDIT: Whoops. I should've checked the Citizens forum before posting that... It seems that we have 10 or so citizens groups, but they haven't seen any activity in 2 months...:( This is not heartening. However, I do mean to go on.

If we DO make a group, what would our stances be, and what would we advocate? No, we would not be Elves, (sorry if I burst your bubble) but we would be adherents to their ways. I believe that we would (as adherents to Elvish ways) not particularly like war, but recognize it as a necessary evil. Also, in keeping with my name, we would advocate scientific advancement above all but defense, and also cultural advancement as both a defensive and offensive weapon.

But what else would we do? What about foreign relations? The RP forum? (This could be VERY interesting) Governmental reform? The dreaded PIs? I'm just putting some thoughts out, if anybody feels up to it, (have courage!) confront these questions.

A citizen group, by definition, organizes to do a certain task or promote a certain agenda. For example, a group may keep tabs on cities, or promote warmongering.

I encourage you to go ahead and create a new group. Who knows, maybe we can turn the tide around.

Thats a good idea Shaitan! And it even fits in with the Elvish way of thinking... *adds another item to list*

A note about the name "Eldarinore (plus all accents, etc)" That literally means the people of the folk of stars (folk of stars are the eldar, a division of elves, Which Curufinwe belonged to before he died.) You this usage in Valinor(e) which means literaly "the people of the powers (powers being the Valar, very similar to gods)" Therefore, whether it matters or not, I think that Eldarindor makes more sense for land of the Elves. But I like Eldarinore much better.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom