UN Discussion - Prebuild needed? Save a GL?

Shaitan

der Besucher
It's fairly critical that we secure the United Nations. Though it's possible we can manipulate voting to prevent losing, or even to win, our activities thus far in the game do not make those easy and certainly not guaranteed.

Should we prebuild? Where?

Should we get a GL and park him until the UN can be built?

Personally I'd much rather go for a prebuild. We have quite a few excellent production cities that can begin a prebuild now so we can grab the UN as soon as it comes up. Sitting on a GL is such a waste of possible GL's while we're at war (especially when we're at war with panzers).

I agree, we should pop out a GL (or Five) and have one of them Rush build a UN.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Personally I'd much rather go for a prebuild. We have quite a few excellent production cities that can begin a prebuild now so we can grab the UN as soon as it comes up. Sitting on a GL is such a waste of possible GL's while we're at war (especially when we're at war with panzers).
This seems like the more sensible plan to me.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
I agree, we should pop out a GL (or Five) and have one of them Rush build a UN.
That's not what I advocated. I prefer a prebuild so our GL generation is not restricted. If we get a GL close to the UN availability then we could rethink it but for now we should plan on constructing the UN with a strong prebuild.

We need to identify optimal cities for prebuild. To do this we need to estimate the number of turns to UN. Anybody have access to the game handy who could get this?

The UN build is 1000 shields so our optimal city will be one whos production is 1000/t where t is the number of turns until the UN is available. Certain cities are not available. Off the top of my head there are Kuhkaff (building armies) and Bavaria (can't prebuild palace).

Remember that we're not looking for the most productive city but the one with the best production match to 1000/t.

As the presiding governor of the Southwest Province, I would love to have the UN or any Great Wonder built in our province. However, I feel that Bremershaven is better suited for producing military units for placement into the armies being built in nearby Kuhkaff. At 1 infantry every 2 turns, Bremershaven should be able to supply enough Infantry for Kuhkaff's armies indefinitely. I'm certain that this will prove similarly true for Panzers.

I would wait until a city has a hospital before commiting it to a prebuild.

This is a analysis of our top sheild cities at their current state. When they have hospitals, spt will increase.

Kuhkaff - 68spt
UN - 15 turns

Bavaria - 60spt - can't prebuild
UN - 17 turns

Kyoto - 58spt
UN - 18 turns

Brmershaven - 52spt
UN - 20 turns

Plexenburg, along with all other cities - Less than 48spt
UN - 21 turns plus

Kuhkaff isn't elligible. It is producing armies. In addition the spt has gone down as it is being set for some long put off growth now.

The key is getting a fair eta of when we will be able to build the UN then we'll know which city is optimal.

Even if we do get a GL, we could rush the UN elsewhere and use the prebuild for another wonder (like SETI).

/me nervously walks in
I have a suggestion of my own regarding the placement of this establishment. The following suggestion (no, its NOT Penguin) may not be the biggest shield producer, but, it has a long history in this game.
This city created the swords which we sent to kill Monty. It destroyed the Japanese. It took part in retaliating against the Indians. Now, it is on the front line against dastardly Abe and the Americans. It helped build the Line and it is home to it too. This city, is Morgana.
Yes, it may produce only 33spt right now, but think of all the GLs we are going to recieve. Surely one of them can be saved to build this grand institution in Morgana. The city that inspired so much war within Fanatika could now become a shining beacon of Peace! Come, my country men (and CT). Let us build this great wonder in the fair city of Morgana.
That is all

Yes, I agree with the UN in Morgana too.

Hmm, looking at the map, I think we should start looking at some prebuilds.

UN - 1000 shields
SETI - 1000 shields

Tech Research Time

Flight - 7 to 8 turns
Radio - 9 to 10 turns
Fission - 14 turns (approx.)
Computers - 13 turns (approx.)

Cities with 50+ Production after corruption
Code:
City		spt	Turns to 1000 shields
Kuhkaff		64	16
Kyoto		62	17
Bavaria		60	17
Bremershaven	51	20

Looking at this, we could start prebuilding the moment we start researching each tech. However, Greece WILL get a free tech when we enter the modern ages. If all else fails, we should prebuild in one of these cities, but not for a while atleast.

I'd prefer not to use the big boys as they're needed for pumping out panzers and infantry. We're approximately 30 turns from the UN right now. 1000 shields divided by 30 turns means we should look for a city that is putting out around 34 shields and start a prebuild there right now.

Hmm...

Pensacola - 35spt
Kells - 35spt
Tlaxcala - 32spt
Serenity - 31spt
Padmativa - 30spt

CT, looking at the map, which has the best growth potential? That should have a hospital quick build and then go for the prebuild. Alternately, a city currently at about 40 shields can build a hospital without rush and then go to the prebuild. Alternate alternate, Pensacola or Kells could be put on prebuild immediately without a hospital.

Well, I don't have time to look at the map more right now, since I have to go somewhere... I'll look at it later today.

I would like to see Kells do it.
Kyoto, completing a hospital in 1 turn (as of 1575) could, but we will need panzers as well....
Also - Plexemburg @ 48spt could do it - probably has no hospital yet (forgot to check when I glanced at the save earlier - will check thoroughly tomorrow morning)

Yes - All are cities in my province. But most importantly -

You can also add Padmativa and Tlaxcala to the list of possible locations.

Top Bottom