New Zealand!

LesCanadiens

Deity
As per usual, after returning from banishment, I shall release a new map. This time up it's New Zealand. So here it is:

New Zealand Map
256x256 <gasp>
Eight Players
Resources fully randomized
Rivers placed according to start locations
Start locations placed a fair distance away from
each other, so as to give each civ a chance to develop
before much contact occurs
Made by Brian Hnatiak aka LesCanadiens
CloutierFan02@hotmail.com

Attachments

• new zealand.zip
    44.8 KB · Views: 458
And a preview.

Attachments

• new zealand preview.jpg
    new zealand preview.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,043
Because the water around New Zealand is extremely diffucult most of the year, even the ferries to and from North Island have to be built very strong so as to withstand the winds, etc. I doubt galleys and such could survive.

Awesome map.:goodjob:

Maybe I could make a British vs the Maoris scenario.

Originally posted by Azale
Awesome map.:goodjob:

Maybe I could make a British vs the Maoris scenario.

Thanks, and that scenario would go well with some pacific stuff that's been going around lately.

A friend of mine is creating a modern day NZ scenario as well as a Maori one, but on his own map as I only just discovered yours.

If anyone is going to do a British vs. Maoris scenario then you'll be incorrect as the British never conquered New Zealand, they signed a treaty to gain sovereignty. A better scenario would be the New Zealand Wars, which occured around the 1860's.

Could you give me a link on some infomation of those New Zealand Wars?

...i remember once upon a time trying to make a colonization scenario for civ II where the british had 19th century technology, and the maoris were still living in the stone age. I tried to make the natives have large population of villages throughout the country and the brits to start with just a ship with a musketer and a settler. wasn't good enough at scenario design and was too impatient to finish it, of course my map of new zealand was pretty crap too. I might try to make it again with civ III laziness permitting.

Originally posted by LesCanadiens
Because the water around New Zealand is extremely diffucult most of the year, even the ferries to and from North Island have to be built very strong so as to withstand the winds, etc. I doubt galleys and such could survive.

Well...people have swam the Cook Strait :). It is windy and hazardous in Autumn and Winter, but the seas aren't too bad in the summer. The maori got here on their 7 canoes afterall :)

Nice job! thanks, I've been trying to find an NZ map for ages... cant wait to play it~!

Top Bottom