New fantasy unit: Lava Giant

aaglo

Furioso!
It's finally done. The file is quite large (2,8 MB). If you are about to use it in various mods (and you are planning to make them downloadable from this site), I would advise you to use only one of the two attack animations to reduce the filesize.

Enough with the ramblings! You can download all the files from HERE!

Here's a preview of the fidget.flc

Here is an ingame-preview of the LavaGiant having a glorious moment :)

Attachments

• lavavictory.jpg
    lavavictory.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4,145
It's very nice, but the graphics of the in-game unit appear a little fuzzy, although that could be becausse of how you took the screenshot.

oooo

this looks nice. i don't fiddle around with these fictional units but the graphics for this look awesome.

Excellant unit aaglo. Your sound files are also very well done.

This unit earns top marks in my opinion! :)

Awesome work! :)

Very nice! :goodjob: :goodjob: :)

Just one question though. Why does he seem lighter in the game?

Originally posted by Raw is War?
Just one question though. Why does he seem lighter in the game?
Thats his victory animation, in that he lightens up.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Nice, will you start on a wind giant now?

I don't know. I tried to make a mean looking dude hanging around with the clouds, but it just didn't look good. Perhaps if I try to make a winged giant? This would not be any Greco-Roman god, but rather a monster.

But then again, I don't think that the flying units should be so huge. Unless they are dragons - and that's not something I would want to do. Perhaps the giant-theme ends here. Unless someone has a specific request for a certain giant.

a very nice LAVA GIANT....;)
seriouslly though it looks relley "cool" :)

Thanks xen.
The previous name wasn't very descriptive, so Lava Giant was the result. Even Hefaistos (a god of fire, if I'm not mistaken) would have been closer to the original idea, but since he propably didn't have horns nor fiery skin, the god theme was better to be left out ;)

BTW, I wonder how would these giants work as Munits :lol:

Originally posted by Ukas
By any chance can someone recommend any attack/defence stats??
That really depends on how you want to use it.

I like this unit, I could use it as Surt the fire demon in my Ragnarok scenario.

Great stuff!

Top Bottom