Demogame RPG Conflict Manager
Demogame RPG Economic Manager
Demogame RPG Items Manager
Demogame RPG Land Manager
Demogaem RPG Nobility Manager

Current Base Lifespan: 41
Current Techs:

Bronze Working

Can make bronze tools, decorations (simple). Bronze is mostly owned by the despot.

Iron Working

Can make tools of iron, but not enmasse until it's connected. Can also make iron plates and simple stoves.

Alphabet

Can make cuneform or other scripts.

Pottery

Can make pottery and storage containers.

Warrior Code

Can have somewhat organized gatherings (usually militaristic)

Cerimonial Burial

Can have cerimonies and rituals (NOT religions yet. Can't have mystics either).

Masonry

Can build stone houses now!

Land Manager reporting for duty. Please dont kill me too quickly, seeing as you need me.

Also, dont mind my prospector. Hes an odd chap who dosent seem to belong. Rambels on about some sort of devil named Cupertanina and the Sir SaaMs.... Odd fellow. Says he's SaaMuel Penguin. Has a odd bird with him, cute though. I feel like devoting a cult to the bird, odd feeling it is. Either that or found a city for it.

Naturally, the first order of business is to get the basic ruleset up and running. One thing that I feel remains incomplete is the random events. Some were discussed in other threads. I will include those in the final ruleset to be voted on.

@Chieftess - I would like to Apply for the Possition of RPG Game Manager's Assistant :).

Just a quick sidenote: In the game-management threads, it should be somehow distiguished wether the managers use their characters or their manager-role to post. Also it should be clearly stated that those management threads are not threads of some characters of the managers.
Example:
This thread here should not be used to communicate with the soon-to-come dictator... only with the manager.

The Ruleset has been posted. It's a rough draft that needs to be voted on.

one urgent question:
HOW EXACTLY is is possible to down the despot? we can not support units at the moment, so is it done in personal fight?

where and how as this fight being declared? will there be a "general action announcement" thread?

this could go the following way: in the above thread, all major actions (birth of characters, death of characters, events, wars, all things effecting a character) has to be posted with a short summary and a link to the detailed roleplay.
a kind of a "action index"

The despot will need to appoint people to run his lands. Those people will have direct control of the assets of those lands including their troops. A general revolution will likely be required to remove the despot.

as we dont have currency, we dont have troops (gold is required to support them).

anyways, wont direct one-on-one fighting of characters be better in the beginning?

Troops will be supported by food and shields. When currency is discovered many of the things supported by barter will transition to gold.

I'm sure that there will be direct one-on-one fighting of characters. There will probably be a period of anarchy after a despot falls where everybody pursues the throne grab. Before and after such periods there can still be as much inter-character conflict as the players wish.

URGENT:
in the despot thread massive usage and posting of out of tech weaponry like long sticks and shiny blades are used. the manager should check for it.
also plexu's claims for the throne seem to be unheard as bootstoots is taking over work of the dictator without workin' with the other conquestors...

i may be wrong, but i also spotted "character grouping" of some players who let their own created characters play in groups without roleplaying which relation they have (like for example creating 7 characters to let them fight together).
which is wrong imho as the characters should work as individuals (i could understand if they would be somehow related or employed)

hy ct, i posted a graveyard thread for characters:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52619

this may be used to dump dead characters into to free up space in the character thread.

i also think that should be run as non-profit thread instead of a business (i first indended to run it as business). but we should charge for entries into an index of crypts in there :) only rich families can afford to have famous graves listed in the books of the graveyard.

please check the possibility and together with that also the possibility of stickyness.

the idea is:
we have single-person graves and family graves/crypts. each grave or crypt is represented by one post maintained by the player of the dead character. only related (family or other direct relation) characters may lie within one grave/crypt with one exception:
on mass events which will not allow single graves (catastrophees where the bodies cant be divided, plagues etc) the event manager (responsible manager for the even causing the death) posts a mass-grave with all the names affected in the graveyard.

EDIT:
i opened a mass grave for all character which died till now here. please feel free to post all dead characters there.

if there is a tech problem until ceremonial burrial, we could extend that mass-grave for all deaths until we reach that tech.

TNG - Arranged marriages were a part of everyday life in the ancient era.

Also, I updated the first page for techs.

ct:
we should maybe reduce the event rate (50%).
5 per tc are far too much unexpected deaths at the current rate (or tune the rng to get more good events :p)

i would propose having 1 event every three turns or maybe even 1 event every 5 turns.

1 every 2 turns IS 5 per turnchat. (if we play 10 turns)

i would maybe suppose 1 every 3 turns... this would lead to 3-4 events per chat (supposed we play 10).

5 (as now) would be reached when around 15 turns are played (very often!), and when played more than 15 then we would even have more events...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom