The Egyptian War goals....

How shall we deal with Cleo?

• Defensive War mostly (few offenses and try to delay our Golden Age)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Take Cities until we can get any "acceptable" peace

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Take Cleo's cities till we can get a profitable peace (this includes the possibility of getting Pyra

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Take Cleo out ENTIRELY!!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Abstain or Cleo is an Alien from outerspace who doesn't truely Exist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Falcon02

General
What do we want to accomplish in this war?

Edit: this poll will last 48 hours

I think we should get a profitable peace. I don't think we should wipe her off the planet, and I do think we should take and raze several cities and take her techs, gold, WM, etc. in the peace deal.

We should go for a Defensive war, but we should capture most of there cities. If we could, we can try to sneek a tech from them in exchange for peace :mischief:.

Just what is an acceptable peace? You put a judgement call as an option. I think that one needs to be defined. I voted "profitable peace", although I may want a higher profit margin than you.

"acceptable" is a peace for an acceptable loss or no gain (specifically in trade).

This war should be defensive only so that we can make better use of our golden age. Does it matter so much what peace terms we accept now? We can always invade Egypt later when we are ready to take all that we want.

No sense in wasting our forces now, the Golden Age will trigger anyhow at the first victory: I say we hold back, wait for Cleo and defend ourselves when necessary. We'll go to war when WE want to!

I voted for profitable peace. After much thought and hearing many arguments for and against, here is my reasoning:

While I am not a big fan of having the Golden Age now, I really don't see the logic of holding back while Egypt approaches our cities. I just don't see it. Why put ourselves at risk? Also, it will make it that much harder to get the upper hand in this war. We make it to the hills north of Byblos and we hold the cards.

This will unfortunately trigger our Golden Age. One good thing(and probably the only good thing) to come from this is a bit more upgrade cash for our Legions. A slight increase in production as well. Let's use this to our advantage. I don't see what other choice we have.

Top Bottom