Colonies IV MP beta test

Patient English

Designer
OK, here we go. You should soon have the MP zip in your email boxes. The suggested folder name is SCENARIO\Colonies IV MP, which will help if we do online trading.

Turn order is:

1) French (John) Late change - just so I can do the setup.
2) Spanish (Yaroslav)
3) Swedish (Henrik)
4) English (Steve)
5) Dutch (Yop)
6) Independents (AI)
7) Hapsburg Empire (AI)

These are the main changes to the SP version:

1) You can build forts on the map (so you can stack units). Colonists (who now move 1) and Farmers and Slaves can do this, but the best unit is the Sapper (move 2), whom everyone can build from the start. Of course, this means you can effectively build settlers, but most nations get plenty via events - for free - anyway.

2) Unit values have generally been altered in favour of the defence. They may need futher alteration, and I have had to make the better ships have massive defence values, in order to hold their own. In MP play, this may still not be enough....

3) Events have been altered to give more Beavers and Slaves, and slightly less Pirates (who are slightly stronger, so watch out Yaro!).

4) Ships don't sink out of sight of land.

I will start the game, and post my turn in a few minutes. Let diplomacy (and battle) commence!

France has moved, and is open to diplomacy. Couriers sent throughout Europe. No events or action to report.

Please use the same format as I have done, when naming your saves.

By the way, although we are playing at Governor (King) level, the rules text has been altered so we are at the same tricky level of popular unrest....

Originally posted by Patient English
By the way, although we are playing at Governor (King) level, the rules text has been altered so we are at the same tricky level of popular unrest....

John Im really beginning to think you are just evil!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Been waiting a long time for this! Great work!

Can I be the Hapsburgs?

Ok

Sorry for the delay - I'll play this night, European Time :)

Sorry, I can't move until I recieve an answer of Jhon Ellis :)

Well, at last, I've moved.

A warning to France: The units near my Italian cities shall retreat - or Spain will act accordly.

-----
Some changes in the scen that I don't understand:

The city on San Juan in (123,103) is now Spanish. Former it was Dutch. And, even more, there are now two 'San Juan' cities in Spanish America.

Nombre de Dios has been moved.

There are some native ships at the start of the scen that there were not.

I can't speak with the Independents...
----

P&P - the file...

BTW, I suggest to all nations that we can sign a 'free trade' pact. The nations who sign the teatry will allow, even in a war, a Carrack with trade units (and hunters/beaver units) to go out without attacking it. This is specially important for the English Channel. Spain offers to non-block the Mediterranean Sea as a compensation for that

Originally posted by yaroslav
P&P - the file...

BTW, I suggest to all nations that we can sign a 'free trade' pact. The nations who sign the teatry will allow, even in a war, a Carrack with trade units (and hunters/beaver units) to go out without attacking it. This is specially important for the English Channel. Spain offers to non-block the Mediterranean Sea as a compensation for that

You have Englands approval.:D

Spain. War is war. French ships will not be so bound.

However, France wishes peace, with Spain and all her neighbours.

Sorry I took so long to reply, but France would not wish to provoke a war with Spain....

If France DOES make war, it will be total....:evil:

Seriously, I think this game would be boring without the odd conflict....I hope you guys are not going to concentrate on building city infrastructure for the next few months...:(

To beta test this properly, we shall need some action!

I've updadted my attachments because I forget to press CTRL-N. I discovered it while consulting some info for Jhon five minutes ago :)

Originally posted by conmcb25

You have Englands approval.:D

:lol: :lol: I'm so obsessed with the FIRST Certificate Exam that I missunderstood it for a second ;)

Originally posted by yaroslav
I've updadted my attachments because I forget to press CTRL-N. I discovered it while consulting some info for Jhon five minutes ago :)

:lol: :lol: I'm so obsessed with the FIRST Certificate Exam that I missunderstood it for a second ;)

Approval of Free Trade Yaro. Just so you are sure what I was talking about.:D

Well since John doesn't like the idea if we have a war lets just all pick on his shipping!:D

I agree on the action John I would just like to build a couple of things first!

And I could be very happy the first part of the game solving the Scottish and Irish and Native American "problems".;)

The Swedish royal chancelor is informed by his mercanitilistic cabinet that free trade is a bad thing therefore he will not sign a free trade agreement ;)

However as long as I'm at peace with you I'll let trade units pass no problem :)

In the grand european scheme of things Sweden is neutral, however we are going to crush our catholic neighbors to the south!
The papists will not survive for long!

Relations with several other Independnent german states as well as Denmark is also quickly deteriorating.

A major investment was made this year to ensure the support for calvinists in Swedish cities but several church bells where also melted and sold off to ensure that the Swedish treasury remains at the same levels.

Preparations are being made in America for the founding of a Swedish colony, planned to be named Fort Kristina.

Yup, might not be necesary for wonder racing purposes, but I find it quite usable for new built colonies and recently conquered cities ;)

Top Bottom