Turnchat 30 AD, Thursday June 19th. 2000 GMT(4pm EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Science Instructions

Set the research target according to this poll.

In the absense of contrary instructions from domestic, leave the tech slider at 50%. The poll was based on turn counts according to this level of investment.

There was a discussion started about trading Polytheism, but it dropped off after only 3 posts, 2 against and 1 in favor. We can clean out Abe and Monty's gold but it only totals 85g. The tech calculator says that with 8 civs in the game and 5 know Poly, on Monarch and standard map size, the value is 205g. If they would give us GPT it would be a no-brainer, but nobody is ready to offer that yet. With general apathy in the forum threads and only 9 total votes for the research poll, the will of the people is open to interpretation. We can
  • let it slide, not enough is on the table to make it worthwhile, and without clear positive indication that the trade is wanted we shouldn't do it
  • take the trade, gold in our hands is better than in theirs, and there is not enough clamor against it to conclude that the people don't want it
  • use a spot poll, which at least has the formality of getting the voice of the people who are able to / bother to attend the chat
There are arguments for and against any of the above and I have no prior DemoGame experience, so will leave it open for input from Trade and for the President or DP to handle interpreting the "will of the people". :rolleyes:

Mr President.

First of all I want to reveal the name by which the Western Province will be known. It is:

Esquiline

• Esquiline build queue:
  • :Nar Shadaa: warrior, worker, warrior, worker. (as decided by the public in this poll)
  • :Needs-a-name-1: spearman, worker, settler.

Special request: As soon as Needs-a-name-1 has build the spearman AND has reached size 2 AND our GA has ended (in 2, 3 or 4 turns I suppose) allow the new laborer to work the grassland. We need some growth to build the worker and settler.

Additional request. Send some of the settlers currently being build by Tyvek, Nur Gisnod or Penguinadua to Esquiline Province to claim our backyard.

Preturn

Turn 5

We are two turns away from attacking Memphis.

Turn 7

We have finally taken the city of Memphis! However, we lost quite a few legions in the process due to an excruciatingly stingy RNG. We will really need to discuss our next move, as Cleo is willing to offer us Monarchy(or Construction) and three new contacts!

Off to the Forums!

Mr President.

I had to post my build instructions here as there is no 170 AD thread.

Esquiline Province instructions.

Buildqueue:
Nar Shaddaa: warrior(legionary), worker, warrior(legionary), worker
Skunkworks: wotker, settler, warrior(Legionary), settler

Please connect Skunkworks and Nar Shaddaa to our roadnet quickly. The reason not connecting them was so that the could build warriors which could be upgraded to Legionary's. Since our financial situation is changed it is better to build Legionary instead of warrior. As soon as we are connected, change the warrior-build to a Legionary. These Warriors(Legionary's) are at your disposal for the war effort, but if you don't need them, please allow them to go west to protect the settlers.

And: Whatever the poll says: don't spoil the canal possibility. We might need it or we might not need it. It's just such a waste if we build cities wrong such that we can't build it and it turns out we need it....

Keep sending Settlers in; we can find a nice place for them to settle. The military being build will function as protection.

Rik Meleet
Governor of Esquiline Province.

I'm sorry, but I won't be joining the TC (at least not from the start). Might be able to join in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom