JNESXIV

(this means the death of my board game, JNESXII. This may seem very complicated, but it really isn't. Just read it and ask questions.)

Welcome to JNESXIV

This is my 14th (I think) addition to the JNES family of board games, starting back to the 4th NES (again, I think) ever created. This NES is a mix between story NES and board game NES, much based off of the NEO NES series and RDNES.

Economy
This is where it may persuade you to not join this game, so I put it on top to allow you to avoid the rest of the rules. Every nation’s economy is based on a little thing called a settlement. The stats are actually numbers, unlimited, and you will begin with a 5 economy. Your economy goes like this: for every 2 military units you have, you need one village to support it. If you are over your limit, your economy will drop one level each turn until it is fixed. To grow your economy, you must have more settlements then you need to support your units. So if you have 2 villages and only 3 armies, your economy will increase by one stat every turn. If you have only 2 armies and 2 villages, it will increase by two for every turn. And so on.

Settlements
There are three settlements. In the stone age all the way to classical age, you may only have villages. Then from classical to Victorian age you may only have towns. Then from Victorian age to Late Industrial, you may have Cities. Then from Late industrial to Future, you may have metropolitans. A village can support 2 units, a town can support 3 units, a city can support 5 units, and a metro. can support 6 units! To build a settlement, you must pay two economic levels, and it takes 2 turns for it to come up. You can only start building a settlement ONE per turn. During those two turns, you can’t build another one. To upgrade a settlement to next age, it costs one economic level and happens right away. Also, settlements might jump an age when you not even there yet if it is placed in a geographically good place for a city (good production, food, etc). You must be able to get to your city without going through another nation's land. ALSO, YOU MAY NAME YOUR SETTLEMENT ;)

Units
You can build an army by paying one economic level. You start out with one. To upgrade the army to the next age, its one economic level per 2 units. If you have an army left over, it is upgraded for free. The same thing goes for navy. Also, the army and navy must both be in an upgraded settlement (so if you wanted to upgrade your Iron age army to classical age, then you must be in a town to upgrade, not a village) to upgrade. You can only build units in settlements.

Governments
While only a few governments are available each age, your government does have an effect. Each government bonus’s/negatives will be posted each age.

Expanding
You may conquer more land by moving an army to conquer it. However, if it is far away, it is best if you keep the army there or it might revolt.

Trade
To open a trade route, it costs 3 economic levels and you must have a road to the recipients settlement. You gain 1 economic level ever 3 turns. (rip off from Stalin ;)). You must have a shared border, or you can do it by sea (then you gain 1 economic level every 5 turns). You can trade through a friendly nation to another nation on the other side if you have permission.

Roads
Allow double movement then normal. Costs one economic level. Must be built between settlements.

Age We are In:
Stone Age: Club men and canoes. Movement is slow, one-city empires (unless u congest, not a good idea).
Copper Age: Spearmen and chariot warfare dominate the flatlands. Movement in flat area are faster then stone age, but in mountaneous and wooded areas its the same.

Governments Available Now:
Stone Age:
Despotism: Only 2 cities you can make. No Negatives or Bonus
Tribal: Can make 3 cities, one less military unit you can make then normal.
Copper Age:
Theocracy: You can have as many cities as half of your confidence level, rounded up. No army penalty. Citizens will revolt should your confidence dip.

Template:

Nation Name
Player:
Starting Location
Government
Economy: 5
Units:
Army Forces: 1
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence:
Notes:

I feel like I’m missing something, so more might be added. Please ask questions.

The first post after the map is a Notes Section, read that as well.

France***
Player: Redwarfian
Starting Location: Paris
Tribal (limit sett:3, -1 army)
Economy: 3
Units: 4/3
Army Forces: 3, Stone Age
Navy Forces: 1, Copper Age
Villages: 2
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence: 4
Notes:

Kingdom of the Euphrates
Player: NPC
Starting Location: Baghdad/Babylon
Despotism (limit sett: 2)
Economy: 9
Units: 3/4
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:

Milan***
Player: Plexus
Starting Location: Milan
Government: Tribal (limit sett:3, -1 army)
Economy: 1
Units: 4/5
Navy Forces: 1, Stone Age
Villages: 3
Towns: 0
Cities: 0
Metros: 0
Notes:
Trade:
Importing from Zaragosa, Spain to Turin, Milan

HmmLand***
Player: Amon Savag
Starting Location: Byzantium
Economy: 11
Units: 7/12
Army Forces: 6, Copper Age
Navy Forces: 1, Copper Age
Villages: 2, 4 captured
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:

Germany***
Player: Naervod
Starting location: Berlin
Government: despotism (limit sett: 2)
Units: 8/8
Army Forces: 3, Stone Age, 5, Copper Age
Navy Forces:
Villages: 2, 2 conquered
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence: 5
Notes: At War with Poland

Spain***
Player: Gecko
Starting Location: Barcelona
Theocracy (limit sett: ½ Confidence)
Economy: 8
Units: 6/10
Navy Forces: 0
Villages: 4, 1 captured
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence: 10
Notes:
Trading:
Exporting from Toulouse, Spain to Turin, Milan (0/3)

Egypt*
Player: Sheep2/Away
Starting Location: Thebes
Theocracy (limit sett: ½ Confidence)
Economy: 6
Units: 5/6
Army Forces: 3, Stone Age, 1, Copper Age
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:

Carthage***
Player: Erez87
Starting Location: Carthage
Theocracy (limit sett: ½ of Confidence)
Units: 4/6
Army Forces: 1, Stone Age, 2 copper age
Villages: 3, 1/2
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence: 9
Notes: Sails adds faster ships and can carry +1 army.

Duel Kingdom of Ireland and England***
Player: Heine
Starting location: London
Despotism (limit sett:2)
Units: 8/8
Army Forces: 6, Stone Age
Navy Forces: 2, Stone Age
Villages: 2, 2 captured
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence: 3
Notes:

Russia***
Player: RoddyVR
Moscow
Economy: 7
Units: 8/10 (+2 irrigation bonus)
Army Forces: 3, Stone Age, 5, Copper Age
Villages: 4, 1 conquered,
Confidence: 12
Notes: Irrigation allows +2 army support.

Poland***
Player: puglover
Starting Location: Warsaw
Economy: 0
Units: 2/2
Army Forces: 3, Copper Age, 1, Stone Age
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:

Vikingland
Player: NPC
Trondheim
Economy: 0
Units: 4/6
Notes:

Golden Horde***
Player: emu
Starting Location: Astrakhan
Economy: 7
Units: 8/4
Army Forces: 8
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:

Arabia***
Player: Amirsan
Starting Location- Present day Mecca
Economy:3
Units: 3/6
Army Forces: 3
Navy Forces:
Villages: 3, 1/2
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Wonder: Muslim Mosque (+3 economy), 2/4
Notes:

Bosnia***
Player: AAminion00
Starting Location: Bosnia
Theocracy
Units: 6/6
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence: 6
Notes:

map

Attachments

• jnesxiv9.gif
    jnesxiv9.gif
    49.3 KB · Views: 174
Added rules/notes. If a rule here is contridicting that of the first post, this one takes priority.

1.) As of right now (stone age), you only know of what is within your color line. To build a new settlement, you have to move and explore the new lands, then build. That means you must send your army there and explore a turn before you build a settlement. So of right now, you can't build until at least turn 2 update. You may be thinking that this is way to slow, but it is realistic to be in the Stone Age, and I want to keep it realistic in Stone Age.

2.) Gov't Question Answers:

When I said cities, I did mean settlements, of all kinds. So if you were in classical age with tribalism, you could only have 3 towns, etc. You must build the settlements still, but you can't go over 3. Yes, when I said one less military unit it means off of the MAX you can support. You can switch governments at will, be beware, this IS a story nes still, so I can have rebellions, civil wars, or anything else that can happen when you switch.

3.) While you build a settlement (between the two turns it takes) you used to not be able to build anything else. Well, you can now. You still can't, however, build another settlement while building one.

4.)If you do not properly garrison a city that you have for certain amounts of turn it might rebel. So you might want to garrison the city for a while until you feel it is safe to not need to garrison it anymore. After a while the city will be absorbed by your culture.

Ok, like i promised, two new rules (or edited). These start as of now (last turn was not affected by it).

Conquering
When you conquer a city from another player nation or barbarian tribe, you must assimilate it. To do this, you must have it in your control for four turns (the little lines on the city will be white when you conquer it, and each turn that you assimilate it, one will go white) without any interruptions (others taking it over or large battles near it). Assimilating costs you nothing, but you must say it every time in your orders (so I dont forget, lol). Once assimilation is over, the lines turn white again. You can't build anything in it until it is assimilated.

Culture
Each settlement will have a culture status. This is represented by the lines on your settlement icon, the same ones used while assimilating. For each time you upgrade your culture in a settlement, one white line turns to your color. It costs one economic level per culture upgrade per settlement. Culture raises the moral of your settlement and may result in an occasional confidence boost, border expansion, and will help in resistance to foriegn armies (basically a militia, the more culture the stronger it is). You can not upgrade a settlement's culture while you are assimilating it.

CREDITS:

Erez for modding Troq's map for full eurasia. Doesn't it look beautiful people?!!!

Neo Nes, made by Stalin

StRDNES, made by RedDwarfian

Amon Savag, for talking with me that one night about nes rules. ;).

Jason

I shall take the French, in honor of my poor fallen NES.

Nation Name: France
Starting Location: Paris
Government: Despotism
Villages: 1
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:
Confidence:

Please spare me the small island starting locations, it will be hell. Smallest is Crete, and even that is very small, so please dont!

Jason

Kingdom of the Euphrates
Starting Location: Baghdad/Babylon
Despotism
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:
Confidence: (you know the drill)

Nation Name: Macedonia
Starting Location: Northern Greece
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:
Confidence:

Milan
Starting Location: Milan
Government: Tribal
Navy Forces:
Notes: A strategically vital state in central northern Italy, based on the wealthiest and most dynamic of Italian cities. Milan represents the industrialized center of modern Italy, but it has been a chief power in the region for many centuries, and a magnet for conquerors and artisans alike.
Confidence: Medium

Nation Name: HmmLand
Starting Location: Byzantium
Economy:5
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Notes:
Confidence: They hate my guts:'(

Germany
Player:stalin006
starting location: Berlin
Government: despotism
Navy Forces:
Towns:
Cities:
Metros:
Confidence:
Notes:

is taht everything i have to fill up? good luck w/ ur nes :D, ps, redwarfians nes was based on mine..so i get more credit! :p (jk)

Germany:
As the last house had been built, and the last soldier recruited, it was time for germany to expand, it was planed to extart moving south and to build a new city, called Postdam, it would trully help the economy and expansion of hte fatherland, as the last supplyes were taken and the last spear was prepared, the german settlers moved on, some leaving their fathers and mothers, but knew that a brave new world was just ahead of him! and fo germany.

EDIT: SEND ARMY SOUTHWEST AND EXPLORE

Ok, everyone, I shoudl have said this before.

As of right now (stone age), you only know of what is within your color line. To build a new settlement, you have to move and explore the new lands, then build. That means you must send your army there and explore a turn before you build a settlement. So of right now, you can't build until at least turn 2 update. You may be thinking that this is way to slow, but it is realistic to be in the Stone Age, and I want to keep it realistic in Stone Age.

Sorry to make you do orders over, Stalin.

I am adding a Notes section to the reserved post to put rule ammendments in.

The Macedonian people for a long time were disorganized and leaderless roaming around finding berries and roots for food. But there was one man, named Alexander, who captivated the spirits of the Macedonian people like no other. He promised great achievments and more land for the people, something they only dreamed about. Some ragarded him as a jokem but others thought he was worth listening to and chose him to be their cheif. So, under Alexander's leadership, the people of Macedonia were to prosper and beocme the greatest in the world.

ORDERS:
Buy an army
Use current army to expand NE

Top Bottom