AMNES 1.0- A New Dawn

amirsan

King of all Kings
Ok, I’ve been entering most of the new NESs for a little while and I found out that its pretty easy to get the hang of it. So I've decided to take a stab at Modding a game. I have come up with some new ideas and this game will also have some ideas from other games. So on with the rules!

Everything runs on Economy. This NES will run on 13 different levels. They are;
Dead
Poor
Depression
Recession
Failing
Moving
Stable
Developing
Growing
Healthy
Booming
Sky Rocket
World Class

You start in 3 but cannot go past 7.

Ahhh yes! The best part, Military! This way of buying military is inspired by Amon Savag and his Asnes game. Everyone must buy their troops by the 100’s unless told otherwise. Navy will be bought by the 10’s. One set of troops (100 at this time) cost 1 economy level. The same for 10 Rafts. You may buy more than one set of troops or rafts in one year though it will cost. The penalty will be a higher price. If you buy 200 troops in one turn instead of 100 then it will cost 3 economy levels instead of 2. If you buy 30 rafts instead of 10 in one turn then you pay 4 economy levels. To make the game more realistic, I need to know where you want me to put your set of troops so I can set it in the map.

The Moral of your army can effect the next battle, I will control the Morale of your Army. The higher the Morale, the more chances your have to winning the battle. Morale will go by points; 1 to 5 (1 being low and 5 being high).

The Training of your troops greatly effects the outcome of your battles. If your military is a bunch of Monkeys and your opponent knows how to use a bow and arrow, who is going to win?? The levels are;
Monkeys
Farmers
Peasants
Conscripts
Educated
Regular
Veterans
Special Ops
National Guard

Another common concept in NES is Education. Education helps the outcomes in battles also, though very little. Though they’re biggest benefit is the abilities to discover new things in the world and even be the first to a new age. Keep your education high and surprises will come.
0IQ
Slow
Dumb
Backwards
Uneducated
Illerate
Progressive
Literate
Smart
Classical
Intelligent
Einstiens
Super Brains

Now that’s realy it for the military, now lets move on to some other stuff!

Culture, culture is very important in this game. Culture is accumulated by points. You get culture by building available infastructure and wonders. I can also add culture to a Civilization myself. Culture helps in different ways. One is, helps you keep newly conquered territory easily. It will also expand your territory if it is high. NPC nations will like you better with more culture, and can even take over their nation if it is soo overcoming.

Citizen Mood helps your nation keep itself together and not in civil war. Most of you guys should know this but if you don’t then here it is. If you keep your citizen moods low then they may revolt, if you keep them happy then you will get surprises. Don’t keep them unhappy, you won’t like it ;). They are mostly affected by the stories you write! So write thoughs stories! I like reading them :)

Wonders- You may build wonders. Just contact me first and tell me what are the effects you wish. If you don’t contact first then I will cancel construction. You can also use your economy levels to hurry wonders by a couple of turns. You must also contact me for this also. (Contact can be asked motely on AIM, PM, or at last resort, Post it). We will also use patents, if you start a wonder, other can join also in construction of their own. Though with patents, you get a head start. You can also rush your wonder with your army though when finished, but your training must be over Farmers to do so. Though the army workers will turn to citizens and cannot go back to military. So when you put them in, they don’t come out.

I will control NPC and barbarians. Please tell me if I missed something, if its something that I am trying to play it in the game then I wont answer the question. So don’t feel ignored, just wait for the update and you’ll find out :). I answer all questions if otherwise.

**No one can start in the Americas, for colonization reasons. ;)

Look below at the "Purchase List" it tells you what you can get.

**Remember that I will update the rules in most of the updates, especially the first so pay attention.

My AIM contact is AMIR1710.

Template;
Civ Name:
CFC Name:
Capitol:
Economy: Depression
Army: 200
Navy: 10 Rafts
Morale: 1
Training: Monkeys
Education: 0IQ
Citizen Moods: Content
Culture: 5
Wonder: Capitol Sancuary +5 Culture

Civilizations:
* (WHATS BEEN CHANGED)

Civ Name: Bosnia
CFC Name: AAminion00
Capitol: Bobovac
Economy: Reccession*
Army: 300*
Education: 0 IQ
Wonder: Bobovac Military Academy, +4 army (2/9)
Color: Light Green
Food: 1
Government{/B]: ???
----------------------------------------------------------

Civ Name: Yemen
CFC Name: naervod
Capitol: Aden
Economy: Depression*
Navy: 20 Rafts*
Citizen Moods: Sad*
Color: Brown
Food: 2
-----------------------------------------------------------

Civ Name: Hittite Empire
CFC Name:emu
Capitol: Hattushash
Army: 250
Morale: 2
Citizen Moods: Sad
Color: Purple
Government{/B]: Tribal
----------------------------------------------------------

Civ Name: Kush
CFC Name: china444
Capitol: Timbuktu
Economy: Dead*
Army: 400*
Wonder: Kush Grounds +4 army (2/9)
Color: Pink
Food: 0*
---------------------------------------------------------

Civ Name: HmmLand
CFC Name: Amon Savag
Capitol: Hmm... (London)
Economy: Failing*
Navy: 20 Rafts
Wonder: Big fat thing +4 economy (2/9)
Color: Orange

Civ Name: Vikingland
CFC Name: Heine
Capitol: Trodhiem
Economy: Depression*
Navy: 20 Rafts*
Wonder: Academy of Learning and Fighting (+1 training, education and economy) 1/7
Color: Greenish-Brown
Food: 4
Government: Despotism

Civ Name: Dutch
CFC Name: music_theory
Capitol: Holland
Economy: Reccession
Wonder: None.
Color: Dark-Blue
Food: 4
Government: ???

ALLOWED PURCHASES
Item / Effect /Price Economy
Military Troops 100 Troops 1
Road +1 Economy 20 Workers
Rafts 10 War Rafts 1
Temple (Update 1) 1 + 20 Workers
Farms (Update 1) 1 + 20 Workers
Marketplaces (Update 2) 20 Workers
Barracks (Update 3) 1

WONDERS
Bobovac Military Academy(+400 troops) In Bosnia 3/9Complete

Kush Grounds(+400 Troops) In Kush 3/9Complete

Big Fat Thing(+4 Economy) In HmmLand (England) 3/9 Complete

Academy of Learning and Training(+1 Training, Economy and Eductaion) 1/7 Complete

NEW RULES/UPDATES/CONCEPTS
Population and Food - Info in Update 1
Workers - Update 1
Temples - Update 1
Farms - Update 1
Roads - Update 1
Governments - Update 1
Marketplacs - Update 2
Barracks - Update 2
Age Advacement - Update 2

Building Progress
None So Far

Diplomatic Events of the World
- The War between Httite and Mitanni 3800BC
The war heats up with casualties on both sides. Mittani alles with Assyria also!

- The Bosnians and Romans fight to no stop, who will win? 3600BC

-Cease-fire between Hittite and Mitanni 3600BC

I think you should post a map. Don't make the same mistake I did, lol

Anyways, let's start this thing up

Civ Name: Bosnia
CFC Name: AAminion00
Capitol: Bobovac
Wonder: Bobovac Military Academy, +2 army

Orders:

- Expand Southeast and East as far as you can.
- Increase economy by building many roads from outlying villages to Bobovac
- Start wonder, Bobovac Impi Academy, +4 army levels

Civ Name: Yemen
CFC Name: naervod
Capitol: Aden
Wonder: Capitol Sancuary +5 Culture

ORDERS:
-Expand in all directions, including across to Africa in rafts
-Increase sconomy by building roads and securing sea routes to new lands.

Nope!

Civ Name: Kush
CFC Name: china444
Capitol: Timbuktu
Wonder: Kush Grounds +4 army

Where Kush is located in Africa:

Attachments

• kush.gif
    kush.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 170
Civ Name: HmmLand
CFC Name: Amon Savag
Capitol: Hmm... (London)
Wonder: Big fat thing +4 economy

I also changed my starting position

Ok, wont start today but emu, can I use your map. I like it. :)

I posted like 3 other reserved spots but they didn't post? Anyways I'll work with one. Look at the bottom of my furst post, it shows only what you could do on the first turn.

Min. wonder build will be 5 turns. China and Minion, your wonder will take 9 turns at this point. Productivity in this age is not very efficient. ;)

Amon yours will take 9 turns also.

I will post the map tommorrow, I am leaving today. Hopefully we get more entries. Try not to make up civ names, keep them real.

Come on!A big fat thing doesn't take 9 turns to build:p

ooc:I don't really care...this post was entirely for comic purposes

Nope!

The Dawn of Civilization begins...
As nomadic people all around our world explore and migrate thier surroundings they learn to discover new things. Many of them hunt and gather food for a living and look for water all day. This was thier life, day and night. Untill five different cultures decided that it was enough! They settled.

Through the years, they learned the skills of pottery and farming and thrived thier nation and held more expansion.

Chief AAminion00 of the fertile Bosnia settled thier first city, Bobovac and began thier exploration around them. They developed logs for which the stood apon on the water.

King Naervod of Yemen settled thier nomadic life and oasis search in Aden. They explored and crossed what the called the "Red Sea" and settled across, were they found a problem, the Aksums. The Aksums were blood sucking humans that will fight anyone that gets in thier way. The Yemens settled on thier land, Chief Chubacca of of Aksum warn them to either leave thier land or die!

To the north the Hittite tribal explorers also settled in the rocky plains of Anatolia. Thier deisre was to settle on all Anatolia. They will only succeed of they survive. Mitanni Barbarians surround the outskirts of Hattusshash thristy for gold and blood. Thier king demands 2 economy levels or else your people shall suffer.

In Africa, the Kush tribe settled the city of Timbuktu. They're warriors are hungry for meat and food in the scarce vegetation of the Sahara Desert. This may be a tough place to live and fight, thier king starts the Kush Grounds to replace any casualties of sun.

All the way to the north the English people of HmmLand settle London in the fertile rich English Island, though the cold temperatures and scarce food will hurt them if not dealt with...

New Rules and Updates
Population and Food: When your population grows, it will need food. Before, when Hunters and Gatherers, you couldn't support larger populations like you can now. For every 100 soldiers, boats and workers you need one level of food. You population count is the number of troops, workers and boats you control. Right now you have 4 levels of food and you may hold an unlimited amount. You can gain levels only by building infastructure that I show as "Available".

Workers: Workers can be changed from military troops but can't go back. Once thier workers, they stay as workers and can be used to hurry production of different thing like wonders and infastructure. You need to have at least 20 workers on any projects that take time unless told otherwise. If not, then construction wont start. You may purchase workers the way you purchase military.

NEW BUILDINGS
Temple: Temples take 2 turns to be built and need at least 20 Workers building it. They cost one economy level. They give +1 Citizen Mood and +1 Culture. Temples also allow you to choose a Religion, historical one though.
If you also build 3 Temples then you will get +3 culture every 3 turns. The effects for the first temple doesn't count for the 2nd and 3rd.
-Religion: Like other NESs, they help relations with NPC and help your citizens mood when fighting war against rival religions.

Farms: Farms produce food. The first farm gives you 2 food every 3 years. Every other farm adds 1 food per 3 years. The cost is 1 economy level and 20 workers to start.

Road: Raises economy and costs nothing but 20 workers to start.

**You may begin building only one thing per turn**

Governments:

Tribal: Expand Faster.
Despotism: You buy 120 troops for 1 economy level instead of 100 though you expand slower than Tribal Civilizations. (Thanks to Amon Savag!)

Top Bottom