LK53 - Deity, 5CC conquest - Germany

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
World Size = Standard
Pangaea, 40% land, warm, and 5 billion years.
NOT culturally linked, NO restarting players.
Difficulty = Deity
Barbarians = NONE - I refuse to deal with late game overload of barbs.
# Civs = 8 (including us)
Civilization = Germany
Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Signed up:
LKendter
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RCP (Ring City Placement) - A new tactic that exploits a hole in the corruption calculation. 3 cities at the same distance from the FP / palace suffer the same amount of lower corruption. In addition, I feel this turns the game into a mathematic formula. Sorry, but I want cities built for resources, rivers, luxuries and to feel like a civilization that is expanding.

RoP Rape - if you have to ask...

RoP Abuse that includes things such as irrigating all tiles with a city building wonders, denying resources with a RoP, putting a unit to block a land bridge, etc.

Scout resource denial - parking a scout on a resource, as the AI won't ask scouts to leave. The same scenario also applies to workers.

False Peace Treaties (must wait for the 20 years to end).

Declaring War exploit: Using the declare war action to break trade deals including sending gpt / luxuries to another civ.

Demand leave territory exploit: Unless it is a clear sneak attack, you may not demand the AI leave your territory if it could stop you from sending gpt / luxuries to another civ.

False Alliances (ally with several people vs. a civ then peace with that civ), and other actions that completely abuse the AI limited diplomacy ability.

Spy exploit - If you fail to plant a spy, you CAN'T try again. The exploit is: you can infinitely plant a spy until the Civ declares war.

Demands exploit - You may make ONE demand a turn per civ. The exploit is: you can demand to the end of time, and guaranteed to get a civ furious and almost to war.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

I would be interested
Standard map-size will be a challenge

You wrote 40% water, I think you mean 40% land - but why that much? 30% gives you space for five cities easily enough, and any more land just gives the enemies more productive land. Of course, if you're going for the challenge of it...?

This isn't a signup yet, although I will if TH5 doesn't get interest and you're still looking for players then (not too likely for an LK game though :) )

Originally posted by T-hawk
You wrote 40% water, I think you mean 40% land - but why that much? 30% gives you space for five cities easily enough, and any more land just gives the enemies more productive land. Of course, if you're going for the challenge of it...?

My post is corrected to 40% land.

=======================

LKendter
Belisar??
hotrod0823
Open slot
Open slot

=======================

@Belisar - Have you played deity before? This will be a harder then average game.

I have played quite a few solo-deity games, the first one on an unpatched version of vanilla Civ3.
GM-2 (an Emperor AW game) was my first SG and I have recently finished my second solo AWE game, this time on a pangea.
Currently I'm playing in ST2 (small deity map) and in Meldor's game (NOW) and attempting a solo AWD-game.

Hopefully I qualify :)

Belisar

GM-2 Emperor AW game
second solo AWE game

Well since I still have to get me AWE victory, no question on qualifications. ;)

LKendter
Belisar
hotrod0823
Open slot
Open slot

LKendter
Belisar
hotrod0823
Sirian (I'd probably be shot if I questioned his qualificaitons ;) )
amirsan ???

========================

@amirsan
1) I am still not sure reading your post if you are trying to sign up or not with the "I don't know yet.".
2) If you are trying to sign up - have you played deity before with a military win?

Originally posted by LKendter
LKendter

Sirian (I'd probably be shot if I questioned his qualificaitons ;) )

:rotfl:

Btw, Sirian, do you EVER sleep? :eek:
Isn't it 0300 or something for you?

I sleep as much as the next guy. I'm a writer by trade, and there are fewer distractions/interruptions at night, while my office gets bad glare in the afternoons and early evenings from the sun, even with shades in place. I don't operate on the standard 24hour circadian rhythm. I oscillate back and forth between schedules. I run a day schedule when I need to for external commitments, then slide back onto a night schedule to get more work done (and because I do a lousy job of STOPPING when in the middle of things both work and play) until the next time something urgent in the daytime demands I get off the night schedule again.

If I had it to do over, would I choose a different profession? No. Would I try to conform to tradition/social norms with the pre-electric-lights night-is-for-sleeping approach? No. Are my unusual hours responsible for me still being single? Heck, no. Not even on the top five list of reasons. ;)

Do I ever sleep? Yes, of course. Just that, like so many other things, I tend to do it in my own good time, based on factors and considerations that fall outside the conventional wisdom. :)

- Sirian

LKendter
Belisar
hotrod0823
Sirian
Coffee

Well I am a slave to the 9-5 routine. I will start this one tonight.

Well, we wanted a "challenge", didn't we?

4000 BC -
We get a minor food bonus - grassland with wheat tile. The standard pottery is ordered for science, and a warrior is ordered.

3100 BC - We have no logical 40-turn gambits, so I simply turn off science.

2850 BC - We finally meet another civ - Greece. I was really beginning to wonder if were on a false Pangea. The bad news it is a Greek settler that we met.

2670 BC - We locate a 2nd civ - Korea. I am not ready to pay monopoly price for Alphabet, so no trading done. On the other hand, Greece must have met somebody. I get the Wheel from Greece for Pottery, $5/turn and $72. The wheel at monopoly to Korea gets us Alphabet and $10.

2630 BC - :eek: We can already trade communications with Korea! We can't get contact with America or writing at this time.

2590 BC - Korea must have sold communications. We contact America and could trade contact Greece for contact India / Rome.

2550 BC - Contact continues to get sold around as we are now aware of India. Korea is aware of the Aztecs and the Romans. I decide to trade contacts -
I sell Korea contact with Greece and $7 and become aware of the Aztecs and Romans.
We contact the Aztecs and give them Alphabet, The Wheel and Pottery. We get Iron Working, Burial and $10 in return.
I buy the all important writing from America for Iron working, Contact Greece and Contact Aztecs.
I buy the roman contact monopoly with Russia and $9 for writing and contact Aztecs.
I sell Russia contact with the Aztecs and Indians and get Masonry and $10.
We empty the Greek treasury of $97 by making them aware of Russia.
Now it is time to collect them chump change:
$17 from Korea for contact with Russia.
$13 from Rome for contact with Greece.
We buy a worker from the Aztecs for writing.

We gained 3 contacts, $149, Iron Working, Burial, Writing, Masonry, and a worker. I better not hear any complaints about this turns contact trading. :p

I begin a 40-turn gambit on Math.

Summary:
We are the tech leader at the moment. [dance]
There are still a couple of contacts to sell, but there wasn't even $1 available.
Belisar, check every round for possible trades. We want to take full advantage of the temporary lead.

LKendter
Belisar (currently playing)
hotrod0823 (on deck)
Sirian
Coffee

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/LK53-2550BC.zip

Ok, I got it.

A partial dot map:

Yellow dot is the priority. This claims iron and will eventually be a kick butt city. It will initially have to build multiple workers, but long term this city will be awesome.

Red dot is up for DEBATE. A second iron take might be tradable would do use wonders. The current spot is the only to get all the bonus grassland and the river in play.

Top Bottom