Xerxes what are you doing ?

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
Spies.

We have spies in the German, Babylonian and Japanese lands. They were planted in the time those 3 nations had declared war upon us. They told us the strength of their armies and had a decisive outcome on the war.

But in these days of peace they might perform an even more important role; they can tell us how far the opponent's Spaceships are and inform us in time whether we'll win the Space Race without further effort, or that we need to take "correctional actions".

Think of stealing tech, invading their lands, denying resources through trade blockades or ICBM / tactical nuke rain or simple bombing runs and pillaging units.

I checked and the only Civ with the tech Space Flight we haven't got a spy in is:

Persia
Has all techs we have, except Ecology. Has a fairly large empire and proper production capabilities. They seem to be in war with Greece, Germany, China, Japan and Babylon so they are probably concentrating on building units and not on SS parts; but we'll only know when we have a spy there. They have by far the biggest city in the world; Susa (size 34). The 2nd city in size is Skunkworks, size 29. They lack Uranium as we can offer it to them for trade (which we won't). Persia is in Communism. Planting a spy costs only 94 gold.

My questions to you are these:
A - Do we need a spy there ?
B - Are they likely to beat us in the Space Race ?
C - Are we afraid of possible war with Persia in case an attempt fails ?
D - Can we afford to plant a spy there ?
E - What shall we tell our spy to do there ?
F - Are there any further questions ?

I am in favor of this proposal. Here are my responses to those questions:

A - We don't *need* a spy there, but it would be nice to have one.
B - No, nor is any country unless something major goes wrong at home. However, it would be good to keep a spy there to view spaceship progress, just in case.
C - Not at all. Persia could not mount a serious invasion against us, and our navy can probably beat theirs fairly easily. Also, the city of Istakhr on our continent would be a nice bonus for us in a war against them.
D - Of course, we are running over +200 gpt and 94 gold will not cause problems.
E - Nothing much, just spy on troop numbers and spaceship parts.
F - Not from me. :)

Originally posted by Rik Meleet

A - Do we need a spy there ?
B - Are they likely to beat us in the Space Race ?
C - Are we afraid of possible war with Persia in case an attempt fails ?
D - Can we afford to plant a spy there ?
E - What shall we tell our spy to do there ?
F - Are there any further questions ?

A - No, But it would be useful.
B - No. They are too busy producing military units.
C - No, but an eventual war would lead to the same situation we had before: war with several nations (since they would sign MA's with other nations).
D - Yes.
E - Inform us about their SS production.
F - No.

A: No. But it wouldnt hurt to have one
B: They're too involved in their wars. SS may be at the back of their mind.
C: No, but we just got off of what would happen if a Persia war did happen,
D: Its only 94g. We make a good 200gpt.
E: Pure SS business. And maybe some steals if we absoloutly need to (having Gorina build Cure and Longevity if we steal the tech wouldnt be so bad)
F: Yeah. If train A leaves Chicago at 3:00 heading towards New York, which is 500 miles away, traveling at 80mph and train B leaves New York for Chicago at the same time, only going at 70mph, and there is only one track, and the conductors shirts are both blue, and the man in the fourth row of the Chicago bound train in the fift compartment is eating a ham sandwhich, what person will be left with the blame once the trains hit eachother?

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
F: Yeah. If train A leaves Chicago at 3:00 heading towards New York, which is 500 miles away, traveling at 80mph and train B leaves New York for Chicago at the same time, only going at 70mph, and there is only one track, and the conductors shirts are both blue, and the man in the fourth row of the Chicago bound train in the fift compartment is eating a ham sandwhich, what person will be left with the blame once the trains hit eachother?

The man who's hungry that's stearing at the man with the sandwich!!! :lol:

The track designer.

Hold on a second. Does America even have rails yet? :lol:

I think I spotted a few last turnchat, but they might have been a mirage. ;)

However, the Babylonians took over New York, so it would be kind of hard for them to do that even if they have rails. ;)

The Babylonians could of sent a suicide train to disrupt American rail lines by crashing into trains carriying supplies to the war front ;)

Oy... I turned a thread on German Espionage into a return to Algebra into a query on suicide trains...

Oh, btw, did everyone see my "Dr. Penguinlove or How I Learned to Stop Worying and Love The Fact Penguinadua's Making the Bomb"?
It makes no sense whatsoever. Even less then the dada

I think we should send the spy. We should not allow any other nation to jeapordize our space trip. Xerxes is annoyed with us, so if we are afraid a failed attempt could lead to war, why not butter him up with some gold first?

In favor. Spies are crucial to remaining aware and in control of the other civs.

We may be leaving this planet, but until I can look out my window and see Earth, we must remain vigilant!

Top Bottom