Conquests version of watercolor terrain

Oz, yes. I did the LM Forests slightly different colored since they were used in quite a few scenarios. I didn't do the rest, but if there is a scenario where it would be a big help, I might consider it.

Originally posted by warpstorm
Oz, yes. I did the LM Forests slightly different colored since they were used in quite a few scenarios. I didn't do the rest, but if there is a scenario where it would be a big help, I might consider it.
Well... a "Evil Desert" (a la Mordor), maybe more grey than the original desert (less "sunny beach" ;) ) would be nice. :cool:
Just a suggestion, but I know I'd use it, at least. :)

Originally posted by warpstorm

I might actually BEG for:

1. Desert Oasis LM
2. Impassable mountain LM
3. Ghastly rugged "plains" LM to simulate the Qattara Depression, the Grand Canyon and all such other non-mlountainous terrains which simply cannot be reasonably campaigned over.

:) ,

Oz

Oz, you know there are a Oasis resource in C3C, don't you? Do you really need an Oasis that stretches for many tiles? :eek: How many camels do you have?

Originally posted by mrtn
Oz, you know there are a Oasis resource in C3C, don't you? Do you really need an Oasis that stretches for many tiles? :eek: How many camels do you have?

I think it's unrealistic for cities to be built in, e.g., the Mojave or the Sahara -- so I disallow city building in deserts in my modding. YET there were a number of important North African oases whose trade route influence etc. is best simulated -- with desert tiles being otherwise unavailable -- as city sites.

... And about those camels -- Who wants to know? :groucho:

Excellent, excellent. Xerxes loves the watercolour terrain! If only I had Conquests....

Unfortunately, some of these ideas, while excellent, won't work.

The flags apply to both the regular and the landmark variant of the terrain. A picture from the editor will make this clearer. I think this probably should be changed also, but it is a limitation for now.

Attachments

• lm_edit.gif
    lm_edit.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 4,672
As you can see above, not all options can be set for the landmark terrain.

Oh, yeah, mrtn's a really cool guy for letting me mod some of his stuff into this version.

Hm, poor Oz.
There should be a workaround for the Oasis idea though. Make it LM plains, and have that terrain look like desert.
Or just add ordinary grassland, and put an Oasis resource in it. ;)

Hm ... I suppose the best I couldu do (and the same perhaps with certain mountains) would be to set the Road Commerce flag = 0 so at least roads couldn't be built ...

That would definitely help some scenarios! :)

Abraxas,

Oz

Too bad for the flags common to both terrain and landmark, and not only for you, Ozy ! I wish for that too.

On the other hand I noticed there is a nice feature to cause disease at will (terrain and strength) which seems convenient (I might use it for mountains, tundras to limit both expansion and mountain-going invasion forces which is a bit of an exploit IMHO, now it would still be possible but more dangerous; remember Hannibal ? :D ). Wished we still could have "some" crossable mountains though.

If we had another tech to "stop" some disease we could definitely limit expansion (ex : forest,...).

Ozy, I can send you 4 pounds of sand, if everybody else contributes would you have enough to make a desert for your camels ? :p

Originally posted by LouLong
Ozy, I can send you 4 pounds of sand, if everybody else contributes would you have enough to make a desert for your camels ? :p

:lol: I'm afraid the nightclub life here in New York has them rather spoiled, and they're STILL lobbying for the return of Joe Camel ...

:D ,

Oz

Originally posted by LouLong
...Wished we still could have "some" crossable mountains though.
...Ozy, I can send you 4 pounds of sand, if everybody else contributes would you have enough to make a desert for your camels ? :p
How about making the LM Hills look like mountains?

Oz, I've attached a kilo fine sand from the nearby Lake Söderbysjön to this post.

Yep, good idea.

Not so much for the second part : my eyes are dead trying to read your sand text ! ;) (that was not even intended for me) :o

Originally posted by mrtn
How about making the LM Hills look like mountains?

Oz, I've attached a kilo fine sand from the nearby Lake Söderbysjön to this post.

Interesting re: the hills / mountains ...

And, believe it or not, I have some very fond memories of Swedish sand underfoot ... :) ... Although I can't speak for the camels ... :cool:

Best,

Oz

Thank you warpstorm.

Hopefully c3c will be available in a week or so here in Norway.
Liked your first edition - which I used for [civ3]1.29
Downloaded it to prepare for the weekend ;)
Now who said anything about going out on saturdays :hmm:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Top Bottom