Conquests version of watercolor terrain

I am new to the modding and could not find a readme or instructions here but I can't seem to get this to work. Unzipped to

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art

But it doesn't seem to work. Is there something else I need to do? I saw a directory structure already so I didn't think I needed to go through and put the files in specific locations. Also I was unsure if I needed to do something with the .biq file.

Thanks

What I do is copy those files to the C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios directory and run from the Civ-Content option.

You could also copy the terrain and cities subdirectories and the resources.pcx to the Conquests\Art directory for a more permanent install. Beware this will overwrite the graphics that came with your game. Backup the directory first if you go this route.

I mostly play on your watercolour teren (and sometimes on Sn00pys G version). Who knows when I can managed to get a C3C so no need yet to downloaded , but can you post some screenies with new tiles and features to enjoy a wiew?

How about making the LM Flood Plains for your LM Desert Oasis. They're practically these anyways. I haven't seen the art, but it possibly could work.

Originally posted by KingTux
How about making the LM Flood Plains for your LM Desert Oasis. They're practically these anyways. I haven't seen the art, but it possibly could work.

There is no LM for flood plains -- all LM fields are grayed out and the underlying terrain type is defined as desert.

Anyway, to use the flood-plain approach would require a one-tile-side-length river, which would produce 2 flood plain tiles, which overstates the importance of the oases (btw I think one of many reasons rivers should have been left in the middle of tiles is that this two-tiles-of-flood-plain-per-river-tileside overstates the extent and thereby the impact of flood plains).

-Oz

Sorry about that. I'm expecting to get the game tomorrow. That is, as long as Amazon.com didn't stamp it with "Do not deliver until November 14th". If they did, I'll have to repay them with a long complaint form stating that this is the US and not Europe, along with any other forms of profanity that cross my mind. They've already made me wait this long on a pre-order (although I expected a little delay, as it was done a week in advance or so).

This is my main reason for not looking at the art yet, but, if you give me a week, I'll be up to pace.

Originally posted by KingTux
Sorry about that. I'm expecting to get the game tomorrow. That is, as long as Amazon.com didn't stamp it with "Do not deliver until November 14th". If they did, I'll have to repay them with a long complaint form stating that this is the US and not Europe, along with any other forms of profanity that cross my mind. They've already made me wait this long on a pre-order (although I expected a little delay, as it was done a week in advance or so).

This is my main reason for not looking at the art yet, but, if you give me a week, I'll be up to pace.

... Then I won't tell you how long Amazon.bomb made me wait for my 3-months-early-pre-order of PTW ...

Hey Warpstorm, I have a request: would you watercolorize Conquest's obelisk x_victory.pcx, please. I prefer this new one to the old slab-table monument. Thank you.

And by the way, since when is Evil Tentacle bashful? Where did he go off to?

Late.

I actually did the obelisk style also, but I liked the Arc De Triumph better. I'll dig it up.

As far as the tentacle goes, I wanted a change.

Here is the obelisk.

Attachments

• x_victory.pcx
    2.2 KB · Views: 187
got my obelisk! thank you.

Originally posted by rkade8583
Warpstorm, your graphics frigging rule. They are SO much easier on my eye. You are a saint.
Well maybe Warpstorm deserve some kind of medal or reward for helpin blind CFC memmbers.

For those who don't know how new terrain look like, I find the pic that Warpstorm send in C3C screanshoots thread.

btw If I may suggest the Swamp tile maybe should be darker green and not that salad color (something like in snoopy's variant preferably).

Apology for my not-modest behaviour.

regards
Alone

I love the terrain Warpstorm and your new avatar. I will use the terrain in my mod. :thanx::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree with Alone. If you have some time, Warpstorm, would you Watercolorize Snoopy's wetlands, please. Thank you.

OK, RM

I have a request Warpstorm.

Is there any way to make the flood plains look different than deserts? Maybe it is just me, but I downloaded your terrain and when I tried to add the flood plain to my deserts it didn't change the graphix except on my mini map. Was that on purpose? Or is my version incomplete? It just looks like a huge desert.:confused:

Is there anyway that can be fixed or should I re-d/l it?

BTW: I like the avatar you had before this one, but adding that spiral in it makes it much more colorful. I like it to. It fits your name. Like a warpstorm.

Unfortunately, there is no flood plain tile graphic. It uses the desert tile. In random maps it seems to only generate them next to rivers and uses the river flood plains overlay.

RM, is this what you are looking for? (BTW, this would qualify as a BAD start).

Attachments

• badstart.jpg
    badstart.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 395
Top Bottom