Tech Trade Discussion: Russia, 2850 B.C.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Now that we've met the Russians, we have a few new tech trading options open to us. They have Warrior Code, Ceremonial Burial, Bronze Working, as well as 35g. We have Masonry and the Alphabet, as well as 106g.

There are several deals open to us. Note that the Trade and Technology Ministry recommends Deal #1, because previous discussion and polling indicates a general high priority on those items.

Code:
[b]We want...		We offer...[/b]
Deal #1-----------------------------
Bronze working		Masonry
Ceremonial Burial	Alphabet
35 g

Deal #2-----------------------------
Bronze working		Masonry
Warrior Code		18 g

Deal #3-----------------------------
35 g

Deal #4-----------------------------
Ceremonial Burial	Masonry
35 g

Deal #5-----------------------------
Bronze Working		Alphabet
35 g

Deal #6-----------------------------
Bronze Working		Masonry
35 g

Deal #7-----------------------------
Warrior Code		Alphabet
35 g

Deal #8-----------------------------
Ceremonial Burial	102 g

Please, discuss! A poll will probably be up in 24 hours. :)

Edit: A poll is now up.

I prefer deal two. Gold isn't that important, compared to another tech!

I disagree with wlievens on the "important" part. Techs aren't important, gold is. Techs get obsolete, gold never.

But nonetheless 2 for 3 is good. So I am in favor of option 2.

Maths takes about 19 or 18 turns (something like that). Read the chatlog.

Essentially the difference between #1 and #2 is we're buying Warrior Code for 53g. Is Warrior Code (and tech parity with Russia) worth 53g?

If my information is correct, we're currently earning 3gpt, but this is surely to increase within the next few turns due to the establishment of our second city and the impending growth spurt in our capitol. Even if our revenues do not increase, it would take us 18 turns to recoup the 53g spent on that tech.

If our soothsayers are to redirect their efforts towards discovering Warrior Code immediately, it would likely take 40 turns at our current level of research funding to discover this tech.

Thus, I fully support Trade Proposal #2.

As with others, I support option 2. We have the funds available, and aren't really using them at the moment. This does use the funds, and should be approved.

Octavian, I suggest that you initiate a request of funding from the Senate to cover this proposal, should it happen.

-- Ravensfire

I'm another option 2 person, but it would be worth considering 1gpt rather than 18 gold.

1gpt would only cost us 2 gold more, would get us a long term deal with Catherine so she should be polite, and leave our cash free to spend the next time we meet someone. Unless of course we are considering invading Russia in the next 20 turns!

edited for spelling

I concur - deal number two is the way to go.

I would also like to thank Octavian X for an excellent job on this thread! :goodjob:

Deal #2, gold is important, but we've got the entire game to get some. So might as well.

I will add my voice to those supporting deal 2.

Top Bottom