Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

This is a strange mod. Not quite as strange as Dinosaurs and Libertarians, but its up there :goodjob: I'm going to go play it right now. Hope I don't get eaten :eek:

:lol: this is the funniest scenario I've ever played

great work :goodjob:

one thing I think you should change the first zombies animation from a worker to something more zombie like

@Amesjustin - I'll post some screenies soon.

@Balam - it's topical to say the least. With all the zombie remake movies coming out there just has to be a civ scenario too.

@Revolutionary - glad you liked it, my intention was to make something very light hearted and completely different from normal historical scenarios. I can't take all the credit tho' as the original idea and implelementation was Ed O'Wars. About the first zombie animation I can't find a better one I'm afraid. I'm already using embryodead's zombie for the Mutant Zombies, the first zombies represent the recently deceased so they've still some decaying to do.

A really funny scenario--I especially liked all of the great stereotypical characters (the badazz, japanese samurai, war heroes). Probably the first time I've laughed out loud in the middle of a scenario--especially when all the humans died ahahahahaahah....

Attachments

• sensible advice.jpg
    sensible advice.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 19,145
Could you create a 'clean' version say change "@$$es Kicked" to "Butts kicked":crazyeye:

Originally posted by Pbhead
Could you create a 'clean' version say change "@$$es Kicked" to "Butts kicked":crazyeye:

Do you mean on the screenshot or in the game? There's just too many beast of burden references in the game to change besides I don't see how your butt is any cleaner than my a$$ ;)

:goodjob:

I have tried the scenario last night. It is GREAT and extremely funny. You did a splendid job with the diplomacy texts too.
Original, easy to download and to play. Great job.

Albeit two minor points : worker for first zombies as many people said but that depends on new units being created and in some areas (downtown mostly) it is not so easy to spot units.

But hell, I should not be complaining considering the work and quality of it all. Once again :goodjob: and :lol:

Thanks for the positive feedback LouLong. As you realized the worker is a compromise until a better unit is made - maybe a slightly less decayed version of embryodead's zombie unit with ragged clothing and no meat cleaver. I would also like (in case any unit creators are reading this) a zombie dog unit; a Survivor with a Chainsaw; a Petrol Bomber and better unit for the Company's Security men (something like a guy in a smart black suit, white shirt and black tie, with shades and an SMG - think men in black or modern day bodyguards). I left a lot of ideas out of the scenario because I wanted it to be self contained, be quick to get to grips with and easy to play.

About the units being difficult to spot, that's a fair comment. One way around this is to set up the Show/Hide Map Preferences to turn off roads and you can toggle between the views to check out where the units are located. This is also useful to spot those resources that "jump" around the map a lot - such as ammo.

This might be a bit early to ask but has anyone completed the scenario yet? I think it may be a little tough playing as the Survivors and probably impossible playing as The Company. The Authorities and The Zombies should be able to get a win quite easily if given enough time. Have I got the balance right?

Originally posted by KingArthur
This might be a bit early to ask but has anyone completed the scenario yet? I think it may be a little tough playing as the Survivors and probably impossible playing as The Company. The Authorities and The Zombies should be able to get a win quite easily if given enough time. Have I got the balance right?

Its easy to win playing as the Company and the Zombies. The first time i played this, i played it as the Company, and only the Authorities were left with that one city they have on the mainland. IMHO its hardest to win as the Authorities.

Originally posted by Phant
Its easy to win playing as the Company and the Zombies. The first time i played this, i played it as the Company, and only the Authorities were left with that one city they have on the mainland. IMHO its hardest to win as the Authorities.
I didn't think it'd be easy to win as the Company, the Zombies yes but not the Company. I never playtested them extensively of course, so I shouldn't be that surprised. Was it too easy? Should I make it tougher?

Halfway through my first game and I hace to say this is spot on!! It also captures the humour of the B-movie Zombie film very well!! Playing the Suvivors and doing OK. Managed to pretty much annex the west of the map (minus the Hospital - Still help by Authority).

Just one minor point / querry: I am getting war wariness quite badly. Am not sure what turn I am on but I am a fair way in, on warlord level and am playing on C3Cv1.22. Is the war wariness ment to represent decreasing moral (imagine everyone acting more like Hudson in Aliens!)?

Edit: 3:50am - I take it back about the suvivors doing OK. About a million elite mutant zombies have just shown up and overun my frontline cities. I made no apparrent impact on their numbers. Got the Finale but no way to reach the airport. Oh well, there is always tomorrow, unless you are one of the (temporary) suvivors in my current game!

I'll take a look at the War Weariness - it is supposed to represent the increasing helplesness that you'd feel being a Survivor but it was not be intention that it should severly cripple you. When did the effects kick in? If it was just before during or after you got The Big Finale I think that should be ok. I will make the Supply Drop Point small wonder reduce war weariness.

I'll need to take a look at the Zombies too and perhaps increase the cost of a Mutant Zombie slightly or reduce their stats to .
Some survival tips
The Survivors do have it tough. If you got to The Big Finale you have a chance, you just need to take a gamble by giving up all your cities to The Authorities and taking as large a team as possible (draft Badasses from the cities before giving them up)with you to the Airport.

Keep the Retirement Home as it can be held quite effectively especially if you barricade it in.

Zombies don't tend to have huge numbers defending their buildings (cities) maybe 5 at most so it should be fairly easy to take the Airport especially if you have the Badass Hero, Tokugawa and a bunch of Gatling Gals (a Mean Machine is also a nice addition with 15/9/3 stats but you need to control The Factory to get the Machinery to build these).

Make sure you have built a number of Scavengers and nab the Parts and Fuel that you need to build (fix) the helicopter -you only need to hold them on a single turn in order to start building the helicopter. You should be able to rush the helicopter and that's you - just make sure you don't do anything silly like lopping off your head when getting into the helicopter. Easy, huh?

KingArthur, the war weariness (ahh, so THAT is how it is spelt!) kicked in early on. By the end (about the time I got Big Finale) I way running at leaset 30% lux just to keep WW at bay and it was as much a loosing battle as I was having with the mutant zombies!!! As I was only playing on Warlordthis level of WW was a little too high. I like the idea of it being there but it sould be affected by how the overall "war" is going. I had captured several locations, lost none of my start locations, had generators everywhere and was nicely consollidated (or so I thought). An idea may be to give a second Gov type "Determinism" available with "Horrible Truth" (I forget exactly the name, its now the next day!). It represent a change in focus from survival to "We have to tell the world, one of us has to get off the island!". Give it more corruption (less focus of scavenging supplies) but no WW (we HAVE to get through, no matter what the cost). Would also give five turns of "anarchy", yelling at the "Hudsons" to sort themselves out!

I do think I took too long expanding and had a couple of disasterous attempts trying to take the radio station which cost me at least 10 Bad Asses so I have to abmit my game was slightly off. With this scenareo as the survivors I take it you need just a little luck or basically spot on planning.

One other small note, I spawned 3 Armies!! Actually put 2 of them to use! Is this a case of the "supporting cast" coming in to play and doing some good, rather than just screaming and dying messily! Please leave the armies in either way. They REALLY helped!

I wouldn't mess with the Mutant Zombie stats too much, they are well ballanced vs Bad Asses and Gatling Gals. Slightly Higher cost maybe but combat stats are good.

I also say (breifly) some Monster Zombies (near the airport before they stomped on my tower!). I'm scared!!!!!!!!

Finally just let me say again, if you like Zombie stuffs this is the scenareo for you!! It is excellent!! Great job!!

I like that Govnt. idea - I'll put it in as "Sheer Determination".

I originally wanted the Battle Created Unit to be a Badass Hero unit but doing this meant that Our Hero would no longer upgrade to that unit so I changed it to army instead - glad they helped.

Thanks for the feedback and good to hear you enjoyed the scenario. Remember to aim for the head ;)

Good News!!!!! I have not 1 but 2 Helicopters!!!!

So... How do you use them? Dropped of a couple of people of at the volcano but no effect.

Top Bottom