Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

ok so apparently the issue was with the civilization I loaded, because I tried it with another and it worked fine.

I tried to play superpowermod with jfd's The Turks (Mehmed II). Why i cant build the uu from mehmed Great Bomard (canon)? But the other uu from mehmed is aviable? I would really like to play with this civ on that mod :(

ok still getting the 12mb corrupted saves, even on older saves. There must be something else that can be done...

ok it works of dx9 but....it looks....not worth it to play. Lines are jumping everywhere....

This mod looks really awesome, and I'm certainly going to try it, but I noticed there's a (minor) mistake, from historical perspective: Ranged naval units go from Frigate to Dreadnought to Battleship, and while I can understand that the Dreadnought and the Battleship got split (they cover about 100 years of naval dominance, from halfway through the 19th century to WWII), they are split in the wrong way. Somewhere halfway through (I believe early 20th century), the English built the Battleship called "Dreadnought" which was vastly superior to all earlier Battleships, and all subsequent Battleships have been called "Dreadnoughts" to differentiate from the pre-Dreadnoughts. However, following this, a Battleship (which replaced the Frigates and Ships of the Line) should come before a Dreadnought, and not after.

I love this Mod and I made an account just to post my feedbacks. I feel this mod is the Civilization that we deserved 5 years ago whch we never got :lol:
Alright let start:

Bugs/Imbalance

***To much Cash Overflow: so early in the game I was able to start making 120+ gold per turn on Difficulty 7 primarily due to trade routes. Some Ai were making like 500+ gold per turn an even had like 23000 gold saved lol. I'm not sure if this a bug or a corruption
-----Solution :reduce the amount of trade routes allowed and the revenue you gained from it.

***Statistic or Military Strength Bugged: The Ai keep telling me that My "army is pretty weak and that I Should watch my back" Yet I obviously have bunch of units lying around. Well they declared war on me and I kept killing their units but still the demographics is still showing that I'm pretty weak.This misinformation is bad for the Ai and make my diplomacy with the pretty annoying.

**Naval Ranged Units Overpowered: primarily due to---giving them 3 range as early as Renaissance era and the introduction of Collateral Damage. Solution
-----
/Give them range 3 till Modern Era or make it available only through upgrades( i mean xp)
/ Reduce collateral Damage upgrades from 25% to 15% So that at max 3 upgrades a unit can only have 45% collateral damage
/Finally Make it that Ranged strength power is always less than the Melee strength power of melee units: For-example: Reconnaissance Era The Frigate(40 ranged Strength) vs Privateer (40 melee Strength)---reduce Frigate Ranged Strength to (36) just 4 point less . This should be Appliec to all ranged unit IN ORDER to keep with the Rock Paper Scissors style of combat. I know all ranged units have lot less combat strength...but it is still not enough--their ranged strength should not be equal or greater to the melee strength of their counterparts​

**Ranged Counter-Attacks: needs to be limited to only one. That means when a ranged units attack another ranged: the target will only counter attack once...then after that if another ranged unit attack that same ranged target it should counterattack again lol This so important especially for naval balancing

***Saved game crashing: I known this is still an ongoing process to fix this issue: But I notice that when I save a game and I custom name the saved file to let say" War" instead of the ordinary Bismark_0126 AD-0275; It always or most likely crash when I try load it....

Suggestion/Improvement

***City Range reduce from 4 to 3 tiles: i know the premise of this mod is to have big city but its not working out duee to how civ5 map are designed generaly. And when u are playing in difficulty 8 where the Ai is given 4 settler at the sart of the game The can even find space to make like there 4 fourth city ---I even bodyblock them by placing on my units in there intended settling location lol and they just stand there with settler wathcing lol...So I had to go in the files and reduce the range from 4 to 3 kudos for me learning a bit of coding lol

***Alliance& Confederanceie: Make Alliance or Confederation( new feature I suppose) available as early as Medieval Era. We know no matter what we do to make the Ai better and smarter it still gonna be lacking. But Confederacy is the cure here!!! let say a maximum of 4 civ who have a an agreement: An attack on one is an ONE is an attack on ALL 4. That will make the game more fun and challenging...A lot of time the Ai start war with one another while I one of their ngibrh is the real enemy. I just wait a few turns for them to wear each other out and bamm killed two stones with one bear lol :eek: (that was backward lol)

***Make the mod compatible with the Ci4 diplomacy mod: being able to vassalage and some other tweak just greatly improve diplomacy overall

**40 Civ Map compatibility
: I feel playing with like 10 or 12 civ you dont really get a feel like of what a True civivilzation game is about ...the maximum civ u can play gain is 22 and I still feel that is not enough u need like at least 40 lolllll

<<And that about it for now...The mod is great just need a few tweaking and balance ajustment. Good Job to you Lincoln_lyf. Please take my suggestion into heart you can do give us the civilization that we deserved but never got lol>>

Riddle me this : SuperPowerMod + Alliance/Confederacyfeature+ Civ4diplomacyteaks + 40CivMap ======= Civilization Masterpiece :D:goodjob:

Could the research speed on Marathon be slowed down even more? As a metric, I and the A.I are usually finishing the tech tree in the early 1600s. This is on large maps, so that will contribute to it, but the important part is the early game experience; to have huge epic battles throughout the ages. As it is on Marathon, you still research too quickly to get this, relative to the unmodded game.

Hi, idk if im doing anything wrong but i wanted to change my play style and enjoy some mods, yours seems perfect, until the the tech tree broke.... :(
By broken i mean i cant scroll, i started the game like that but since i notice i could just pick the techs on the left panel i ignore it... until i finished architecture the tech tree got real mess it up as : i still cant scroll but now no more tech appear in the left column :wallbash: and it really annoying because i love this mod... my first one, and i don't want another.... i read around the thread and found many ppl having the exact same problem, no solution what so ever... (notice that this no scroll thing in tech tree happen in every game i have saved and even if i start a new one)

Things ive tried:
1: Reinstall from 0 unsubscribe then delete all folders related in MODS then
reinstalled manually
2: same whit DLL Various Mod file even tried v45 (idk if this could have worked but i tried anyways, but its says that my load don't have required mods and wont let me play, created new game and its starts whit the tech tree broken)
3: Disable G@K
4: ver is correct and compatible wiht the DLL Various Mod
5: Did what u suggested on comment #312
6:ran wihtout the UnitPathViewer mod

Other mods:
i only play whit unit path viewer

DLC:
I have all the dlcs GAK/BNW/Conquest of the new world and korea

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qat90t9ziqn7alc/Askia_0035 BC-3125.Civ5Save?dl=0
Here my safe data.... plz help.... this my first run i want to see it end... lol

Anyone plz :/

Hey guys, first off this is a fantastic mod and i have played through multiple times on previous versions (4.2 specifically) and now with the latest patch i am having some difficulties. Unlike most people having the 12kb save problem, my issue is there are NO resources anywhere whatsoever on the map. Forgive me if this problem has already been resolved but reading the thread i saw no one else seems to have recently encountered this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

(i have the game of the year edition of civ 5 running dll various components v.66 and the RED modpack, and to reiterate there are 0 problems BUT missing all natural and strategic resources even on abundant custom setting)

don't use UI - City Expansion (v 14) with this it will cause it so you can buy a tile every turn once you reach a certain pop.

Hi.
Thanks for the mod, nice one. Sorry if that topic was already discussed, it's impossible to read the whole thread :D I noticed, that I don't receive the exp.bonus (+15XP) from the Krepost, although it should be so. Game version is .144. I tried to copy the respective code from the game-xml into the mods xml (cache cleared, of course) - didn't work. What is wrong and how do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Hi.
Thanks for the mod, nice one. Sorry if that topic was already discussed, it's impossible to read the whole thread :D I noticed, that I don't receive the exp.bonus (+15XP) from the Krepost, although it should be so. Game version is .144. I tried to copy the respective code from the game-xml into the mods xml (cache cleared, of course) - didn't work. What is wrong and how do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

I think the mod version 5.1 is built for .279

i've had a lot of trouble with this mod everytime i try to load a saved game it will CTD

Had such a nice game going on, 150 turns in. Everything was going so perfect, haven't played such a good game in a while. On next day i was encountered by the 12kb savegame of death :(

Ok, I tried both EUI's with the appropriate files removed or edited, and the food icon replacing other yield resource icon is still there. When I remove the EUI and restore the files to Super Power mod, the yield resource icon function properly.
for using EUI with super power mod you need to delete:
CityView.lua, CityView.xml, CityView_small.xml and UnitPanel.lua from Superpower mod and YieldIconManager.lua and YieldIconManager.xml from DLL - Various Mod Components

Super Power - Complete Edition.

Capital Cities seem to be spawning in CourtHouses at a huge rate, e.g. a AI capital city had 247 courthouse crippling his economy to -1400+ gold? i got around this by selling the courthouse every turn, i didn't build the court house, it just spawned in. I am using this mod in conjunction with a few others. I use the IGE (in game editior mod) to delete the courthouses in AI cities every turn now, it is very annoying. Is this a bug or something desigend to happen, like i highly doubt 247+ courthouses is normal. This started to happen in my cities too, but i stopped before it got past 4 courthouses.
I am using the latest version from Steam whichever that may be.
Am using v.66 of DLL, not sure why this is happening any tips to help stop it?
Thanks, great mod though

I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but every time I try to start a game I see a fully hidden map, and when I go past the leader info screen, I get a game over screen. Anyone know what the problem may be? :(

EDIT: Turns out that the DLL components (along with my other mods) somehow got disabled. Re-enabled and it's fine.

Top Bottom