Does anyone else get annoyed

Check out the site feedback forum. There's a whole thread devoted to it. For what it's worth, it took me about a week to realize where the banging sound was coming from when I used this site - my boyfriend and I thought my computer was on the fritz. And before that, some aspect of activeX scripting tied to the ads was causing my computer at work to go haywire: popup screen after popup screen, all empty. (I'm talking like 50 of them every 30 seconds.) I had to change my security settings to stop it.

So, yeah, you're not the only one.

Renata

Originally posted by Thunderfall
You can download a free popup stopper from PanicWare:

http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

Does it work well? I've had problems with some pop-up blockers messing up normal internet functions that require new windows.

BTW...I haven't had probs w/ pop-ups at CFC. But I don't visit the main site much....just the forums.

It doesn't bother me any. It's a small price to pay to be able to use the site and everything. Especially with the ability to upload files and things. I'd rather have popups than have to buy a membership to the site.

:yeah:
same fort me Sir Jethro, I also enter directly to the forums, not very often the main page... :hmm: I feel like I want to go to the main page now

:D

I never get pop ups. The talking ones annoy me, as they often interrupt my musical listenings :mad:.

Has anyone else gotten the one that asks you which of the following are Joe Millionaire? It's hilarious... :lol: (I mean, could they have picked easier choices? Who would think a woman is Joe Millionaire?)

I rarely get popups at CFC - some unintelligible audio for a movie trailer w/no video (??) several times last week. Apolyton, on the other hand. has just about managed to run me off because of the number of popups. I sometimes have to close 4 or 5 of the same one.

Since I use Opera 7 as a web browser, I don't get popup windows at all unless I request one by clicking on a link, like the one to the forum emoticon list, for example.

Originally posted by SirJethro

Does it work well? I've had problems with some pop-up blockers messing up normal internet functions that require new windows.

Yeah, thats why I dont want a popup blocker.

BTW, I could have sworn I got a popup in the forum yesterday on the forum home.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
You can download a free popup stopper from PanicWare:

http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

Do NOT download popup stopper free v3.0; it is really bad. Get version 2.9; it is much better than 3.0. The link is http://www.popupstopper.net/PopUpStopper292.exe

2.9 is a lot a smarter. It can recognize the difference between a popup window and a window you opened. The ability to report a pop-up from the main menu is there too, you can disable the splash screen, and there's no automatic updating, either.

(Edit: wrong link, d'oh!)

I just got a pop-up ad in the GOTM forum? :confused:

I was under the impression that you only got popups on the main page, has this policy been changed recently?

Scroll all the way down and you'll see that there's a banner down there. Sometimes the banners do funny things. For example they make strange sounds, play music/trailer, start talking, or generate pop-ups.:mad: Most of the time they just sit there and do nothing, waiting for someone to click on them.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom