Cleaning up personal scoreboard

vorlon_mi

Emperor
I play single player, and don't submit to the HoF here on the site.

In the past, I have taken an old savegame file from near the end of the game, and loaded it again, to watch the end-game replay. This created a duplicate of that leader and game -- with a slightly different score :p in my personal scoreboard / HoF / Top Ten List / whatever that is called.

I'd like to clean up my list, but would prefer not to delete the whole list and start again.
Is there an easy / straightforward way to delete *some* items off the list, and leave the others?

Its fairly simple given that your comfortable navigating your game files. If not then... its still simple just requires a little thought and attention.

Navigate to your Civ3 game folder. The location depends on what you decided during installation. I assume you just followed the standard procedure. The folder should be at:

computer/local disk (usually C) drive/program files or program files (x86)/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Conquests/HighScores.cv3

open HighScores.cv3 with notepad and you'll see your high scores. Delete . whichever high score you desire save and close.

Additionally once you open the file you will see something like-

"your players name" 13 3182 3 3 1

"your players name" 13 3325 3 5 1
"your players name" 13 3342 3 0 1
"your players name" 13 2570 3 0 1

The red numbers are the high score...
Delete the whole line not just the score!

Top Bottom