Settings to avoid Crash to Desktop

raiflip

Chieftain
I attempted playing a game with C2C_Planet_Generator_0_68, 13 civs with barbarian world option on. The game started in the Ancient era, and hasn't made it to the classic era without crashing every five turns or so. Its not my PC because the game doesn't eat up enough resources to warrant a crash. In any case, what settings do you recommend to play a game from the ancient era to the modern era?
I remember playing this mod awhile ago and having a lot of fun playing into the modern era. Usually I set the map size to Large, but I recently upgraded my computer and wanted to try a game with more civs in it.

13 civs and Large map is playable for sure.
Try maybe different map generator?
If you playing v35 version of C2C try instead install SVN version of the mod.

I should have mentioned large is what I usually play with, but this time I was playing with Huge, is that too big?

In any case I was playing with v35, so I'll try installing the SVN version as well as play with a different map generator.

What do you think is the biggest map I can play? My computer has i4670k, 16 gb RAM, and SSD, bigger maps feel more epic :)

Large-Huge map are ok for 13 civs and should be playable for your computer.

Ok thanks. I'm checking out the SVN...might take awhile. I'll let you guys know if it crashes (hopefully it doesn't).

I should have mentioned large is what I usually play with, but this time I was playing with Huge, is that too big?

In any case I was playing with v35, so I'll try installing the SVN version as well as play with a different map generator.

What do you think is the biggest map I can play? My computer has i4670k, 16 gb RAM, and SSD, bigger maps feel more epic :)

No Huge is fine for your comps specs. But v35 has some areas that could cause a CTD that have been addressed by updating the mod thru the SVN. Also the 12-15 AI starting AI is fine for a Huge Map, Perfect Mongoose plays well with C2C moreso than Planet generator iirc.

One last thing, starting in Any era besides Prehistoric has an elevated chance for a possible CTD, unless you are playing a specifically designed Scenario like Sparth's. C2C is designed to start in the Prehistoric Era. All other Era starts have not been thoroughly tested/corrected and are not bug free.

JosEPh:)

Top Bottom