CIVILIZATION V - ideology changes

GeneralAmerica

Artillery Officer
CIVILIZATION V ideology changes

This is my opinion in what they chould change in ideologies.

1. Ideology pressure should only accrue if another Civ with different ideology, are influential over you. Or that a different ideology is choosed as world ideology

-Order/Communism should benefit more for: production, science, gold and military less for: happiness, culture, great people, religion or tourism

-Freedom/Democracy should benefit more for: science, great people, culture, happiness and tourism less for: military, gold, religion, production

-Autocrazy/Fascism should benefir more for: military, religion, production, great people and culture less for: gold, tourism, happiness, science

3. Balance the choice of ideologies from AIs.

4. Most usual choice for AIs:

:c5production: Order: Assyria, Austra, Aztecs, Babylon, China, Greece, Japan, Maya, Morocco, Persia, Portugal, Russia & Sweden

:c5happy: Freedom: America, Brazil, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Inca, India, Korea, Netherlands, Poland, Polonysia, Shoshone & Venice

:c5strength: Autocrazy: Arabia, Byzantium, Carthage, Celts, Egypt, Ethiopia, Huns, Iroquois, Mongolia, Ottomans, Rome, Siam, Songhai, Spain, Zulus

Order: 13
Freedom: 14
Autocrazy: 15

5. Countries with the same ideologies are less likely to declare war against eatch other.

Every game i play the most usual pick from the AI is Order. Which is kind of boring in the long term. They should balance it more and make it more different from game to game, and much depending on which kind of Civs there are in the game.

Order = :c5production: :c5science: :c5gold: :c5strength: :c5food:

Freedom = :c5science: :c5happy: :tourism: :c5greatperson: :c5culture:

Autocrazy = :c5production: :c5strength: :c5culture: :c5faith: :c5greatperson:

How about, just make the Kremlin not suck? Baby steps.

As compared to its ideological counterparts, Prora and SoL, which also give 1 free social policy, Kremlin is blah. It's OK, I guess, if you're just getting around to churning out armor units late game (rather than upgrading already promoted cavalry), but otherwise not very compelling.

I think Order/Communism should not have the same amount (or at least not the same value) foreign trade routes as Freedom/Democracy-Capitalism. Civ 4 (as well a s civ 2 and 3) did a better job in accurately representing Communism as a government type which isn't focused on trading (corporations and such).

also: it should be more difficult to declare aggressive war as a democratic government.

I think Order/Communism should not have the same amount (or at least not the same value) foreign trade routes as Freedom/Democracy-Capitalism. Civ 4 (as well a s civ 2 and 3) did a better job in accurately representing Communism as a government type which isn't focused on trading (corporations and such).

also: it should be more difficult to declare aggressive war as a democratic government.

Yea i agree.

Freedom has a tenet that provides a bonus to trading with other Freedom civs, and Order has a tenet that provides a bonus to internal trade routes, so some of it is there.

And both Order and Autocracy have tenet that provide either a free Courthouse or a bonus to Courthouses, which Freedom doesn't have.

One thing I would like to see is that if you are influential or dominant over a civ with the same ideology, and they aren't influential or dominant over you at the same time, they will have to vote for you as the World Congress leader and for your proposals. It's not like East Germany ever voted against the Soviet Union in the UN, but China of course did.

Top Bottom