question about city files

Civinator, can you help clarify some things. I guess I didn't fully understand this.

First, how do you enter cityview mode in Conquests? I used zoom but that didn't show me graphics like the ones you posted...

1. You must distinguish between citygraphics that are shown on the map and City graphics that are shown in the cityview of the cityscreen (in C3C the cityview is only available in the standard game, not in scenarios or conquests.

Also, can you clarify the part in bold above. I thought C3C stood for Conquests. I thought they were the same thing.

In C3C these graphics are only available for the epic game, not any longer for Scenarios or conquests as the screen of the cityview was used to fix a source of crashes ...

Same thing. This confuses me too for the same reason. I thought C3C was the same as conquests. Also, how was the cityview used to fix a source of crashes?

The graphics of the "cityview" are connected to fixed entries in the pediaicons file.

By fixed entry, you're talking about the index position in the buildings_large.pcx and buildings_small.pcx file right? The Colossus is at index position 32 (which is actually the 33rd entry). Like this in the pediaicons file.

#ICON_BLDG_Colossus
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Colossus_large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Colossus_small.pcx

So you are saying that the game will always show this #32 image in the cityview, so in order to make it an Eiffel Tower, you would put the Eiffel Tower at position 32.

Anyway, if I have that all correct, do you know which other buildings are hard-coded like that to appear in the cityview? (i.e. the 10 user defined building slots?)

I guess I'm trying to figure out how to look at the city view. I'm modding an epic game for Conquests. If no one will ever see the city view, I guess it doesn't matter. But evidently they do see it, or you wouldn't be trying to control it with your new CCM mod.

Sorry for all the questions on this. It just occured to me that maybe I should try to change some pediaicon entries to control the cityview in my epic conquests mod.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Also, if anyone else can help clarify this, please feel free to pitch in...

It's enough to make a person go crazy! :crazyeye:

Gray Wolf... the Main Point Civinator was making is that in order for anyone to be able to see the City View in CivIII\Conquests, they have to directly Modify the original CivIII|Conquests game rather than make a Scenario\MOD.

Civinator has worked very hard to allow the City View to be functional in his CCM Game. It isn't a simple or quick task at all :)

Gray Wolf... the Main Point Civinator was making is that in order for anyone to be able to see the City View in CivIII\Conquests, they have to directly Modify the original CivIII|Conquests game rather than make a Scenario\MOD.

Civinator has worked very hard to allow the City View to be functional in his CCM Game. It isn't a simple or quick task at all :)

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

I don't think I'll worry about the City View then. It sounds complicated. And I'm not sure it w/b worth the trouble.

Top Bottom