Questionable Ads

BCalchet

Human, all too human.
Now, I don't know how much control the forum administrators have over the ads displayed on the site, but if possible - try to get rid of the devious "Pretend not to be an add and trick someone to click" types, if at all possible.

They're disruptive, and a blatant attempt to trick those among us less familiar with internet advertisements and their devious ways.

It's not that I mind ads in general, mind, only these terrible ones.

(Attached an image displaying the one to catch my attention - I don't know if there are more of them about.)

Attachments

• dumbad.jpg
    dumbad.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 143
Related to that, I'm constantly getting an ad that says:

"You are winner!! Click here to grab your prize!!!!"

Has a fake textbox and button, and is constantly flashing bright green and white :cringe:

I didn't get a screenshot because I was in a hurry, but if I see it again (it used to be constantly on yesterday), I'm going to take a screenshot both of the white part and the green part, just to show what I mean. It's really, really annoying, and it has tens of flashes a second.

Most of us know about that, but Telefragged/CFC isn't going to get money if you block the ads. :) Basically, viewing them, even without clicking, helps the site.

As long as they don't scream "electromagnetic storms!" then I'm happy. (CFC oldies will get that one)

As long as they don't scream "electromagnetic storms!" then I'm happy. (CFC oldies will get that one)
That was the worst ad I've ever seen. I have gone out of my way not to see that movie, and when Firebird(since renamed Firefox) and Adblock came out I jumped, largely because of that.

genital herpes?

That was the worst ad I've ever seen. I have gone out of my way not to see that movie, and when Firebird(since renamed Firefox) and Adblock came out I jumped, largely because of that.

Yes, that add was so bad it probably did more harm than good for CFC.

Yeah, they are quite annoying. Examples:

Attachments

• AdverA.JPG
    AdverA.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 267
Right now I keep seeing the "1 of your buddies from ______ has a crush on you." It's extremely annoying. :mad:

All the ads I see, say I'm a loser.

That's less annoying in a way...

Top Bottom