Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also got into Skylines recently - anyone else pick it up in the recent Paradox sale on steam??

I'm enjoying it, I haven't built a big city yet, but it seems like they've got all the fun things from Sim City 4 without some of the annoyances.

It's certainly colourful! Are you using Creative mode?

Thanks ^^ I'm playing survival, hence the lack of giant skyscrapers. If you know Angst here on CFC, he's recently restarted a minecraft server that I'm hoping to join.

Look at that! Curved roads and non-square residential lots! Putting me to shame.

I'm also using the European model set for the buildings, or whatever it's called, which I find makes that stuff look a lot more realistic

You should see some of my older designs though. I used to be walkway heavy. My highway entrance ramps were also .. quite weird and inefficient. There's parts of some of my old cities with some really weird looking parts, with walkways going above, below, beside highways, etc. I'll post one later because looking back.. my new city looks a lot more "crisp"

Thanks!

Here's some pictures from a city I built about 2 years ago. I've learned a lot since then

It's actually the exact same map as my home town's. And I've put the same districts in the same places, and some roads

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Yeah

Spoiler :
My take on my city's Victoria park

As you can see I had walkways everywhere. Most of my city walked and there was traffic but it wasn't bad. In the end the map was flawed and didn't allow enough water to be dumped into the river.. So yeah once my city grew to a certain size, there was just eventually so much waste water dumped in the river that first my airport got flooded and then slowly the rest of the city. So then I stopped playing for a while

With the city I posted a couple days ago or whenever that was, it's my first time building a city in this game that does not revolve around walkways. I tried to build it around BRT which then later morphed into LRT. So far I am very happy with how organized it is

You've certainly improved in having a pattern to your design. I feel like if I tried doing overpasses and walkways it'd look like an abstract art piece. :blush:

I find road design fascinating although I don't understand the logistics behind it. Seeing a road map of Vancouver is always interesting for me because I find navigating this city to be relatively easy compared to other places, and it's in large part due to the square-road format the bulk of the city adopts (i.e. the same format I use in city builders and naturally stray towards). But I would be lying if I said the road design in the north-east of the map wasn't more aesthetically pleasing. It looks more 'human' when put into practice than the square-road format.

In other words, what I'm saying here is that you and @Leonel do a good job of making your cities seem human. They're wonderful to look at.

Now that I did a major computer upgrade, I can continue to build up the city of Las Rico!

It's starting to get a little difficult to take a screencap of the entire city now. Started expanding into some more districts.

A new upper class residential district.

I've also been experimenting with elevated bypasses straight into industrial districts to cut down on highway on-ramps that residential and commercial users would use.

Here's a nice cove that I want to develop into another upper class residential district/recreational area.

Oh yeah here's one of the scenic highways that enters into the city with a mountainous and scenic spit in between.

One of the highway on/off-ramps that I'm particularly proud of. The Mass Transit DLC has been indispensable in creating parallel highways. You can also see my avenue intersection system where instead of a traffic light, there is a high speed roundabout that apparently helps really well with traffic.

And finally an overview of the city and highway layout. You can see how the various districts are separated by avenues.

Not a particularly exciting screenshot, but I got a lucky hero spawn in Dominions 4 playing as Marignon (think Spanish crusaders).

As Marignon I don't get access to earth magic, which is a shame because earth magic allows me to build some very useful artifacts that allow my numerous but weak Witch Hunters to pool their strength and unleash some nasty high-end magic. Plus, this hero has phenomena research ability. My basic researchers only generate 7 research a turn while this guy generates 27 research!

A rare moment in Overwatch:

It simply started when I did a sit emote, and two other guys joined in xD.

Last edited:
Well, somehow I surprised myself today by getting a Play of the Game while playing Sombra

Spoiler :

My reaction when I got it:

Someone broke the game :p.

Got a contract to send back science from the surface of Gilly.. My earlier mission still had a science lab orbiting Gilly (with the interplanetary stage attached) so I figured I would see if I could land the whole thing on the surface. And.. success!

A variety of screenshots from the last few months:

The Morrowind graphics overhaul is quite pretty and I'm amazed as what the modders can get out of a game engine that is now 15 years old. If it wasn't for the horrifyingly stiff animations, modded Morrowind would rank up there with many recent releases.

Avernum has a brilliantly subdued sense of humor.

Why yes, I did just eat a dead dwarf to gain a divine Raven as a summon.

My current Divinity 2 party set up. It is a pretty underwhelming party set up all things considered, but this is my first play through. In the front, my character is the red lizard, who is the Red Prince - a prince of the Ancient Empire who was exiled and pursued by assassins for cavorting in demon summoning. I have set up as a hybrid summoner/necromancer/tank. On the right I have Ifan, the former mercenary, set up as a two-handed damage dealer with some minor rogue skills for debufs and mobility skills. In the center, with the skull, I have Fane, an undead Eternal. I have him set up as a Pyromancer/Geomancer and trying to decide what to branch him out as. I'll have to take a look at what Polymorph skill books are available as I already sunk some points into Polymorph to give him Flying. In the back I have Lohse who is a Hydromancer/Aeromancer who mainly functions as a support mage with the ability to lay down some pretty impressive fire from her bow.

A sunrise can make almost anything look pretty, but still, very nice, Ajidica. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom