Recyling Centers but no Aluminum !

CalGal

Chieftain
I've built some Recycling Centers which are supposed to give me 2 Aluminum each, but they are not giving me any! Where's my Aluminum?

I have built I think four (you're allowed to build five). I have no mods. The little AL icon at the top of the screen is not increasing after building the centers. Weird?

Pull down the Resource List from the menu at the top left (the "Info Panel", which usually displays the tech you are researching). Under the Strategic Resources category, what does it say for aluminum? It may say something like "8 Aluminum 8 Used"

This most commonly happens when you got aluminum earlier in the game from AI trades or CS allies, built some aluminum-requiring buildings (Hydro Dams, Spaceship Factories) or units (Jet Fighters, Modern Armor, etc.) and later lost the aluminum, creating a strategic resource deficit. In those cases, your newly acquired aluminum is used first to eliminate the strategic resource deficit, so the newly acquired aluminum shows up as "used."

If that doesn't explain your problem, please post a save file. If no explanation jumps out of the save file, we'll move your report to the Bug Reports forum.

Gosh Browd, do you always have to be so practical in your replies? We could have argued endlessly about this <wink>

Browd, you are so correct. I did hover over the icon and I'm at "8 total, 5 used". I did indeed purchase some AL from another country and used it for spacecraft. DOH !! :blush:

Just having hydro plant or a military unit that uses aluminum in construction takes away the new aluminum. Another possible reason is puppeted cities or cities with governors beginning construction on things like hydro plant as soon as you get aluminum. (Or you yourself doing it and forgetting) This immediately takes away the new aluminum as even having the item in construction "consumes" the resource. Also if you have a lot of CS allies they sometimes soon after will gift you troops that consume aluminum if you have extra. This also immediately takes away the new aluminum. Unlike having a deficit (which shows as negative and will still increase toward zero after building the center) these two can immediately take it away causing no apparent net increase.

Top Bottom