What are you playing until the next patch?

What are you playing as you wait (patiently) for the next patch?

• Civ V

Votes: 109 25.2%
  • Civ IV

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Sins of a Solar Empire

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Zork

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 173 40.0%
  • Only geeks play video games.

Votes: 27 6.2%

• Total voters
Minecraft. Somehow the happiest thing in my life currently is seeing a minecart move with the touch of a button, go to a destination at the top of a mountain, then come back down to where it started.

Now to get the same thing going from the top down using the same rail...

I would be playing Civ5, but I'm not at home for the holidays and I don't want to try running Civ5 on my laptop, so I'm actually trying to finish Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

Recently I resurrected my Beatles: Rock Band, that I have abandoned when Civ 5 was released. I really didn't think Civ 5 could be such a disappointment...

You know, for the appearance of being a Civ V hater that I may have put up in another thread (which I'll revisit over the next day or two as I have time), I actually quite enjoy the game. Ain't perfect, but it change up the formula to a decent degree. Also, the leaders play as distinctively as any since SMAC, so I'm having fun trying to tailor my gameplay to each individual leader...

It's not a bad game. Dare I say it in shark infested waters, but I think it's a good game. I think a lot of people are losing sight of this in the wake of how utterly awesome Civ IV was. I'll bet a year or two from now, once kinks are worked out, balanced is fiddled with, mechanics that should have been in at release are put in, we'll be looking at it a *lot* more fondly. My biggest criticism is that we were essentially handed an undertested beta and it's still coming out of that phase.

So, anyone know if they'll ever make another SMAC? :p

Civ 5
Hearts of Iron 3 - Semper Fi
Tropico 3
Gal Civ 2

Except for the first few weeks after a new game is released, I can't play only 1 game. I'd go nuts!

So, this is my current mix of games, and once in awhile I'll fire up Civ 4 - BTS as well.

Actually, I'm playing Braid on the side. Really quite the game - some of the puzzles are brainbenders, the music is really spectacular, and the art style is so charmingly pastel... One of the more artistically surprising games I've seen in a long, long time. Well worth a try for anyone who likes 2D platformers.

Back to some ol'skool Battlefield2, L4D2, Blood Bowl:LE, Settler's7, ETW, GTA:EFLC and abit of Darksider's.

.....can't wait for some Diablo3, DragonAge2, TW:Shogun2 also!:groucho:

Panzer General Forever. Remake of a classic!

Said: Other

Actually, I do not wait for "the next patch", I wait for the next expansion pack and see if it is worth playing...

I play Dragon Age Origin (trully great story), and will probably play Stardock's Elemental ... if they patch it (it is always the same story...)

But I also play Civ 4 with FFH2 mod!!

Top Bottom