April Fools': Should we re-name us to "Millennia-fanatics"?

What shall we do?

• We stay civ-fanatics!

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Go with the time, Millennia-fanatics!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Wait if Firaxis renames Millennia!

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I am out, I cannot deal with this anymore, my beloved civ :(.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, that's even worse!

Anyways, here's a better idea.

The site needs to be renamed to Old World Fanatics Centre. ;)
But given the vagarities of English, someone not knowing about the game (and there must be one or two, hidden away in deepest, darkest Tajikistan or New Jersey) might think it refers to Old Fanatics rather than Old World and so assume that only those old enough to remember the eighties can post here . . .

But given the vagarities of English, someone not knowing about the game (and there must be one or two, hidden away in deepest, darkest Tajikistan or New Jersey) might think it refers to Old Fanatics rather than Old World and so assume that only those old enough to remember the eighties can post here . . .
I don't see the problem with that.

Last year, I did what may be the final tweak -about two years later- to AC2's CivII theme.
CivIIthumbnail.gif

-Which inspired me to create a CivII dark theme.
CivIIDarkthumbnail.gif

And later, another Alpha Centauri theme.
AlphaCentaurithumbnail.gif

And an Old World theme.
420ADthumbnail.png

-All that with the forum down a lot, and hard refresh not working to let me see improvements for about a day each time...

I don't know why you seem to be telling me - but I doubt CFC has anything to lose in China...
There are a few posters who do - and have - logged in from there. You might be cavalier about it (and decry others being cavalier about your views and beliefs - a viciouus cycle plaguing modern society), but CFC should be more neutral, I would think.

I'm just fiddling up logo versions that won't get used, for fun, and don't know why this conversation is happening.
I'm not sure why a simple cautionary note bring such defensiveness and a loaded accusation of not knowing, "why this conversation is happening," but I think there's more read in from your end. Adieu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom