[SYNTHESIS] From Denver to Dhaka

Linkman226

#anarchy
Hey, y'all! Linkman here again! I've temporarily ditched Byzantium Omniscie (see siggy) to work on my mod, Project Synthesis (see siggy also). But for the moment, I've decided to start a story around a game I'm using to test out my new mod. Hopefully this will achieve three things:

1) Help me iron out quirks in the game.
2) Generate publicity for my mod (always a plus)
3) Entertain!

However I cannot make any promises concerning this story's completion. Remember, this is mostly to help me test my mod. Obviously, any feedback from you guys on stuff you feel is unbalanced is appreciated.

Also, this is strictly after-action report.

I'll be playing as the Arabs, 600AD, aiming for one of the new victory types-RELIGIOUS (thanks to OrionVeteran for the mod)!

Prerequisites for a religious victory:

Spoiler :

1. A player must have an official State Religion
2. A player must have the Holy City for the official State Religion
3. All of a player's cities must have the official state religion established.
4. All of a player's cities must not have any non-state religions established.
5. Religious influence must be at least 80%
6. A player must have built the official State Religion Shrine.

And now, let us begin! May the flag of Islam flow from Denver to Dhaka!

Our settings:

Spoiler :

Our Orion's Inquisition Mod settings

Spoiler :

Our initial spawn. Nice.

Spoiler :

And we're on our way to a religious victory.

Spoiler :

Arabia revolts to civics more fitting for vanquishing the heathens.

Spoiler :

All your Near East are belong to us. And all its heathen religions have been eliminated too, except for the Zoroastrian shrine in Shiraz :mad: But that will be fixed soon, with the Inquisitor ;) (but not before we achieve UHV1, which calls for three holy cities).

Spoiler :

Sadly, we are at autowar with the Byzantines, which means no nice stack of extra camel archers :( Oh well.

Religious overlay- Islam

Spoiler :

Religious overlay- Zoroastrianism

Spoiler :

...And Catholicism

Spoiler :

By the way, thanks, Justinian, for this shiny stack of Camel archers and longbowmen I got, thanks to you declaring war.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, we get the Zoroastrian citizens of Shiraz to build an Islamic Holy Office, whose dungeons we shall later use to torture them till they convert.

Spoiler :

Oh, and we queue a HO after the workboat in Makkah too.

Spoiler :

The religions screen.

Spoiler :

And lastly the military situation.

Spoiler :

Some units moving towards Turkey, some others towards North Africa.

Hmm, I thought of an ambitious goal: prevent the Reformation from happening. Seeing as it can only happen in Catholic countries, I'd need everyone in the world to not be Catholic when they discover Printing Press- in other words I need to convert all of Europe to Islam.

That'll be tough, considering the AI loves Theocracy so much :rolleyes: But I'll try.

That's all for now, folks!

4. All of a player's cities must not have any non-state religions established.

It's a good thing you have Inquisitors.

Also, this might not be the appropriate place to ask, but seeing as how I never found a straight answer for this anywhere, do you know how to edit tiles for each civilization's stability maps? I do love RFC, but I'm not too terribly fond of Rhye's choices for many of the civ's "core" areas and places where they happen to be red or green.

Anyways, haven't seen too much of your modmod so far so I can't pass proper judgment but so far, nothing looks particularly broken to me. Keep it up.

Shall... not... give... in... to... pressure... and... publicity..

Shall... not... give... in... to... pressure... and... publicity..

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! :scan:

No, but seriously.

GET.
THE.
MOD.

(I promise you'll love it!)

Anyways- this story was ruined by the fact that a bug caused some civs to win historical victories, it would appear quite randomly. I fixed the bug, and I started the story over. There were slight edits above.

Moving on with our story.

We raze Antiochia with her foolish Christian residents to the ground.

Spoiler :

And then we capture a Byzantine worker. No worries, he's better off being put to work for Allah.

Spoiler :

North Africa is not being spared from the spread of green either. Hesperides (Bangazi) is ours! Unfortunately we have to stop to rest for the next few turns.

Spoiler :

A few more cities fall in quick succession.

Konya
Spoiler :

And of course, the crown jewel, Qustantiniya(Constantinople).

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Aswan is built. What a de-LICIOUS city right there!

Spoiler :

A pathetic Byzantine attempt at reconquest is thwarted.

Spoiler :

Unfortunately Trapezus does not bend to our will so easily. Two swordsmen die trying to conquer it.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, a GG is born in Dubai.

Spoiler :

Next up, Tripolis (Tarabulus). An Impi decides to make a pathetic attempt at attacking the camel archer aprked outside of Tripolis.

Spoiler :

Naturally, all the both the heathen natives and the blasphemous Christians fail miserably at trying to match Allah's power.

Spoiler :

Muahaha! We are invincible! Nothing can stop us now!

Spoiler :

...Oh... except for our extremely sick economy... :blush:

Got the mod, it's awesome :D

I read somewhere that you planned to add Canada later? (I think I read it, too lazy to look for it again).

If you add Canada, I will give you cookies :D (Oh, adding Korea isn't too bad of an idea either)

New LH's are always nice too, should be enough space since the mod isn't really big yet. There's some really good ones that were just made in the graphic's place. Oh yeah, I like the new diplo music too from the mod's :D

That's just my wishlist, better to post it here because your mod thread has lot's of posts coming and going. And besides, this is not off topic! Win!

the thing that captured me the most was that my dutch empire in RFC is from Denver to Dhaka
If you add Canada, I will give you cookies (Oh, adding Korea isn't too bad of an idea either)
-yoshiegg737
you know what, just add all of Abundance's civs and canada

Top Bottom