Graphics problems with trees

Jordanec

Chieftain
Hi all,
After playing a lot of Civ 5, I recently decided to come and play civ 4 as it is so rated by many fans of the series. I got a copy off steam, and it works fine except for the trees appear to be not fully rendered and display some of the background behind them (I'm not sure of the technical term for this. This only happens on BTS and not the other expansions, and I have checked to see if I have the latest patch and it seems to be up to date. I've tried fiddling around with the setting but it doesn't seem to do anything.
I've uploaded screenshots but they don't show how the trees actually 'shimmer' or 'flicker' as well.
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.30.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.35.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 10.07.35.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 114
Have you tried changing your anti-aliasing settings in the graphics setup screen? Set it as high as your video card can handle and see if that helps with the flickering.

Hi thanks for the reply. I have tried that, I'll have another go but it didn't seem to do anything...

Yeah its not the anti-aliasing. I installed the game on my windows partition and it works fine, so I guess I'll just play it there... Still curious as to why it doesn't work though! Any advice for a new civ4 player?
Thanks

Well, what were you running before Windows? If I had known you were using Linux (Wine), or a Mac, my answer would have been different.

Just saw this while looking into the main CivilizationIV.ini file:

Code:
; Enable Tree Region Cutting
CutTrees = 1

Never played with it though!

Jordanec:

Which OS are you having graphics problems using BTS? If it is a Mac, you have to do the opposite of what you would do in Windows regarding anti-aliasing. You need to turn anti-aliasing off, ie set it to "0". Also, if it is a Mac, what machine are you using? The Intel graphics chip in the Macbooks is known to not be up to the task in OSX mode.

Top Bottom