Tradeable Techs Do Not Show up on TradeScreen

CivEmporer

Chieftain
Civ4 experts - I have a tough one for you:

I've encountered a serious issue (bug) where my techs do not show up in the trade/diplomacy screen even though I am the only one with that particular tech. They do show up in the Technologies tab on the Foreign Advisor, where I can see I am the only civ with monotheism. The other Civs have 5-6 Techs I do not have as I'm playing on Monarch level. I have the Alphabet tech already researched, so I should be able to trade. When I go to the trade screen, literally no techs are listed on my side. Monotheism doesn't even appear. All the AI's techs are listed on their side. I know I have Monotheism as I founded Hinduism, and it's colored as researched in the tech tree on the Technology Advisor screen (tech tree). The AIs are all advanced enough that they have the prerequisites for the tech I have to trade. Thought it was just a bug until a fewl turns later, all the other AI's had Monotheism, and now it is useless for a trade. I continued on, then it happened again with Music tech. Music also did not appear in the trade screen either. It was also properly listed in the technology tab on the Foreign Advisor screen, and the Technology Advisor tech tree, just as before. I can see none of the other Civs have Music, and yet again, when I attempt to trade, Music does not appear in my trade column. No technology does. The resources and other diplomacy choices (gold, resources, convert, declare war, etc) are there. Also, when I researched Music, I did NOT get the free artist I was supposed to get. I can only speculate there is another AI Civ far away on another small remote continent I have not discovered that somehow got Music ahead of every one else though they are hiding on a small corner of the map unseen (how odd).

Monarch Level, Patch/Build 1.74, Playing as Incas, Standard World size, temperate climate, medium sea level, ancient starting era, normal game speed.

I have attached two saved games. One where I'm the only one with mono theism and it doesn't show. Just load the save, verify Monotheism and alphabet is researched in the tech tree and try to trade it with any civ. it wont show up in the diplomacy screen.

Save #2 is one turn before I get music. Load the save. Verify in the Foreign advisor screen no other civ has music. Press enter to go to the next turn. you wlll get music at the beginning of the turn, but no great artist. No one else has it but it will still not show up in the trade screen with any civ when you try to trade it.

There has been no discussion of this topic on any forum. Has anyone else seen or heard of this before, or have a resolution?

Attachments

• Save1 Administrator AD-1350 Mono doesnt show about takover.3.Civ4SavedGame
    249.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Save2 Administrator AD-1605v2 about to get music.Civ4SavedGame
    269.3 KB · Views: 11
Screenshots would be helpful. Lotta folks don't have vanilla installed these days.

Also, what your your options for the game?

Screenshots would be helpful. Lotta folks don't have vanilla installed these days.

Also, what your your options for the game?
Lymond ( and Civ4 experts) Screenshots attached for the first save. Game Options: Game tab - all unchecked except for wait at end of turn
Game Settings: Monarch Level, Patch/Build 1.74, Playing as Incas, Standard World size, temperate climate, medium sea level, ancient starting era, normal game speed.

Attachments

• Foreign Advisor - Technology screen - Monotheism Monopoly confimred.jpg
    Foreign Advisor - Technology screen - Monotheism Monopoly confimred.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 21
  • Technology Advisor - Monotheism research confirmed.jpg
    Technology Advisor - Monotheism research confirmed.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Trade Screen - Monotheism not listed.jpg
    Trade Screen - Monotheism not listed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
It's because all of them have monotheism besides alexander, whom you're at war with. You can confirm it by opening the worldbuilder and looking at each civ's technology highlights.

Ha..been many many years since I've seen those old vanilla advisors. Highly recommend that you play BTS as it is the definitive version. Those screens will look so much better too, especially with the BUG mod.

Last edited:
It's because all of them have monotheism besides alexander, whom you're at war with. You can confirm it by opening the worldbuilder and looking at each civ's technology highlights.
Deaf Metal, I really appreciate your response. Answers the questions on the 2nd save as well, which was frustrating. Through Civ2,3,&4 I've never used the Worldbuilder. I hope it's not considered "cheating" as I will certainly be using it now. Just have to be careful as there are few spoilers at it reveals the whole map.

Ha..been many many years since I've seen those old vanilla advisors. Highly recommend that you play BTS as it is the definitive version. Those screens will look so much better too, especially with the BUG mod.
Lymond, thank you for your response, good sir (or madam). This will likely be my last game on Vanilla I as I purchased the duluxe package with BTS included, just never loaded it up as was having so much fun with vanilla. Now that the veterans highly recommend it, off to BTS I go after this game.

Top Bottom