Best Civilizations To Team Up?

Monkeymad358

Chieftain
Recently, my friends and I have been trying out different ways to play Civilization V Gods and Kings before we get Brave New World, one of which include playing 2v2 and 3v3. At first I just stuck with Babylon, as that is usually my go to civilization in multiplayer, while my friend went with England. We later realised that although they are both good, they don't really work very well together. Are there any civilizations that work extremely well together for 2v2 or 3v3?

So far, the best team I can currently think of is Arabia and Japan, allowing for many units to be brought and have a much higher chance of a domination victory. Arabia and Babylon could work well together too, as the extra money made from trades could be used to buy the many buildings researched by Babylon.

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions for BNW, feel free to write them down as well.

Huns + England

Huns build a few battering rams, england builds triremes, huns gifts battering rams to england.

Sail movement 4 battering rams under the triremes with hurt triremes replacing any full hp ones. Attack directly from sea. Amphibious attack battering rams are Power 35, and they don't have to worry about attacks or bombards because the triremes are tanking for them.

Alternatively, the ol' Huns + Arabia/Mongols for the amazing UU synergy via upgrades.

Also, babylon and england can go well together. Babylon focuses on getting England longbows. England uses longbows :p

Spain can be a good team mate. Since you both share the same map, chances of finding NWs are higher, and you share the rewards. The cash is split between you.

But it then boils down to Babylon+Maya/Korea, but I'm pretty sure there's a name for that combo.

Ottomans and Mongols. none equal to Ottomans on sea and none equal to Mongols on land.

Top Bottom