I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored...

I'm not a big fan of RTS games. I prefer to sit and think a bit as I play. You know, sort of plan things out. It never works, of course, but still...

That is exactly what I love about the game, to sit and think a bit as I play. Although this would actually better answer the question you posed in your philosophically minded thread, "Why do we Play?". The rush of RTS may get the blood pumping but they don't generally induce contemplation or relaxation in the same way.

As far as being bored, perhaps you feel like starting a Civ-based project? It seems to me there is still a lot that can be done to gather, order, prioritize and distribute the knowledge buried in the depths of the forums and the players who frequent them.

I am pretty stoked right now.

I too recently had to pull away from Civ 4 and it lasted a couple years. Don't worry, time away will make you want to play it again eventually. I am already itching for some Civ 4 again but I want to finish my mod before I start losing sleep playing it. My mod is a jumbled disaster spread out over 3 HDs thanks to a whole bunch of moving in those past couple years. Your Better BAT AI mod is a godsend for me right now as it offers a really nice basic core for Civ4.

During my break, I played various games but right now is actually a really decent time to take a break IMO. You got Galactic Civ 3 and Age of Wonders 3 both coming out soon.

Fallen Enchantress is worth a look if you like FfH2 or HoMM. Not sure how you feel about Steam. The Xcom reboot and FE has been eating up a lot of game time for the past 6 months or so for me.

As far as being bored, perhaps you feel like starting a Civ-based project? It seems to me there is still a lot that can be done to gather, order, prioritize and distribute the knowledge buried in the depths of the forums and the players who frequent them.
A good idea, but I don't have the time. In addition to a full time job, I have two mods on the go all the time, and a partner that needs attention once in a while. OK, more than once in a while. :lol:
Your Better BAT AI mod is a godsend for me right now as it offers a really nice basic core for Civ4.
I'm glad you like the mod. (curtsy)

And how is Gal Civ 3? I haven't checked any of the reviews, since I try to avoid the overly happy ones. (That's how I got burned with Civ5)

Yes , yes a good job (yawn) ! Are You up to sometithing ? (Ah dammit!!! I hope You are !!!! You naughty girl You !)

Gal Civ 3?! Excuse me please while frantic Google search ensues.

A good idea, but I don't have the time. In addition to a full time job, I have two mods on the go all the time, and a partner that needs attention once in a while. OK, more than once in a while. :lol:

NP, thanks for plugging in all that stuff for the rest of us plus any content you did/do yourself.

EDIT: I was planning to ask you if I could use it as the base for my mod once I go to upload it. I'll give out any credits. My mod is similar to PIG. I REALLY want a regiments mod to plug in though and dont have one yet. I dont understand how to code those.

And how is Gal Civ 3? I haven't checked any of the reviews, since I try to avoid the overly happy ones. (That's how I got burned with Civ5)
http://www.galciv3.com/

They are starting to make it now so there are no reviews. As of yet, there is no Gal CIv 3 that even exists. An alpha build no one but Stardock has played is out there about to be released to a closed public in a week. I am going to trust Stardock and get the Founder's package. That let's me play in the Alpha but why I am actually going to buy in is I get to buy the "Complete Edition" at the start of the game's development for $100. I am usually the sucker that buys the original game, any expansions, and then complete when it releases even though I already own everything if I really like the game. Civ 4 was weird though for me. I have bought Civ 4 Vanilla once, BTS 3 times, and Civ 4 complete twice. Civ 3 was just as bad for me. Spent over $200 on em both... and liked it. What a suckerface. Although, I paid $5 for Civ 5 + G&K on Steam because I am magic. :p

I'll shamelessly plug my bias towards Stardock though based on following their PR track record. I love their vision on the industry. (Launched Gal Civ 2 very smart, think DRM only serves to hurt consumers and hinder game development money; not combat piracy, farms talent in the modding community, often communicates to the game community directly and casually on their forums - not like a PR Agent,) It seems they recently 'exploded' I would guess doubling or even tripling their size. But don't quote me on that, it's just a guess I have from my perspective . They are only rivaled by CD Projekt RED for me but CD Projekt still falls behind Stardock. Firaxis is behind them a bit more but mostly because they are not self published is probably why I see it that way. And Take2 is pretty far down that list comparatively. Although, Sid thinks the safety net of a publisher is in Firaxis's best interest and it is a reasonable counter IMO. Hopefully, Take 2 starts backing Firaxis more, like they do Rockstar or Bioshock, and we could be in business. Give Civ some actual money and time for Civ 6.

At any rate, I will probably post some stuff about the Alpha build when I check it out in a few weeks.

EDIT: it comes out for alpha play next week. I lost track of it the first time I posted it seems.

Oh I know the feeling, that's why I was hoping you would start a new project. I just don't seem to get around to it.

Top Bottom