Suggestions for The strategic view

Kimuyama

Prince
Although I never play the game in the strategic view, I do from time to time, open it to see trade routes and political borders, as well as to spot resources in enemy territories easily.
However, I feel some things are missing from it, here are some suggestions:

Religion overlay:
An overview where the city-radius is colored in the color of the city's major religion, perhaps automatically chosen from the primary color of the religions founding civilization.
Where Pantheons are in majority, or where no religion are in majority, the effected civ's secondary color is shown. Civilization borders should also be visible.

Map notes:
Remember when you could put "signs" on the map In Civilization IV, as well as draw on it?
I do.
And I want it back.
But I also have an additional, somewhat similar idea; I suppose the lot of you have noticed the little black box in the lower right, right above the map, that appears whenever you hover the mouse over a tile? Well, what if you could tag those tiles with a string of text, not too long, that would show up in that box? You could even select several tiles at once, so you could tag a whole lot of land at once.
You could use this feature to make notes, name geographical areas, commemorate battles of old, or whatever, it's all up to you.

Founding civilization ovelay:
With this activated, whatever civilization held a tile first's color is shown, although with the current borders visible. This even applies to areas stolen with a citadel. If a captor expands the borders of a captured city, their color will be shown in the expanded areas.
This feature might have few practical uses, other than to see what civilizations founded what city (if you for some reason forgot), but it'd be kinda cool.

What do you think? Or do you have suggestions or something you want to add to, change or remove from my ideas?

I like the adding text to the popup idea. Whoward made a "map pins" mod to mark locations. I would love to be able to set a named rally point and send units with a "go to . . ." Command.

Top Bottom