Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Wii U and 3DS

Huge accidental leak today.

Rueben Langdon (best known for voicing Dante in Devil May Cry) made an offhand remark about voicing Raiden in Smash Bros, although dissapointed that he had a small role (guessing codec or assist trophy). Having Raiden in, however, strongly implies Snake is returning for the next Smash Bros.

Now, he later said he was "mistaken" and was actually referring to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. However, Raiden didn't have a small role in the game, and more importantly, he wasn't in it. MGS just had an overhaul of vocie actors for the fifth game, and Rueben is the new guy for Raiden. He was most likely demanded to say that by corporate in a bad attempt to cover it up; voice actors tend to know that they didn't work on a game.

So Snake is pretty much confirmed :D

There's quite a bit of speculation to go with it, but it would be nice if Snake got in again.

I want phoenix wright in.

I.. just... what was that. The Ridley shadow, the ZZS fakeout, the Paluenta fake out, the Mewtwo into Greninja fakeout, I don't know what to believe anymore. I know Sakurai is the trollmaster, but I never been on such an emotional roller coaster in my life.

Just... ;_;

I.. just... what was that. The Ridley shadow, the ZZS fakeout, the Paluenta fake out, the Mewtwo into Greninja fakeout, I don't know what to believe anymore. I know Sakurai is the trollmaster, but I never been on such an emotional roller coaster in my life.

Just... ;_;

...What?

Highlights for people not wanting to watch the whole thing:
  • No characters can switch anymore, and Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Charizard have been confirmed as independent characters
  • Greninja from Pokemon X/Y confirmed
  • Yoshi confirmed to return
  • More info on Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager's moves.
  • Bunch of stages, Pokemon, and Assist Trophies (including Pong!) confirmed
  • 3DS version's coming out Summer, and Wii U's coming out Winter.

Highlights for people not wanting to watch the whole thing:
  • No characters can switch anymore, and Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Charizard have been confirmed as independent characters
  • Greninja from Pokemon X/Y confirmed
  • Yoshi confirmed to return
  • More info on Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager's moves.
  • Bunch of stages, Pokemon, and Assist Trophies (including Pong!) confirmed
  • 3DS version's coming out Summer, and Wii U's coming out Winter.

Other small things include:

• Ridley confirmed to appear in some capacity (The Other M clone of Ridley is implied to be a stage hazard in Pyrosphere, but there's no confirmation of it, let alone the original Ridley. Call me in denial, but guessing Ridley is playable and he's just hiding it. After all, Toon Link was in that one stage)
  • Online mode updated. "For Fun" mode is SSBB's old online rules, while "For Glory" is a more competitive mode where the only stage is Final Destination, there's no items, Fox only, and the possibility of 1v1.
  • Every stage has a Final Destination form, so everone can play on every stage and not deal with hazards. Platforms are gone though
  • Deconfirms of Dark Samus, Meowth, Saki, Minda, Goroh, Lyn and Tiki being playable.
  • New Smash Run mode for 3DS only. It's like Melee's adventure mode and Kirby Air Ride had a child. It looks really cool.
  • The return of Kremlings as an enemy in said Smash Run really add to King K Rool's chances. At the very least, Sakurai is still looking at the old DKC games for inspiration.
  • Paluenta came out at the biggest winner in terms of big name newcomers this direct. A whole stage is devoted to her, and the whole Pseudo-Paluenta fake-out not only confirms Sakurai knows about the link, but the trophy looks so much like the model in the leak that it's almost grunted the leak is real.
  • Sakurai hates Mewtwo fans

The concept of stage boss is going to be interesting. If Yellow Devil and Ridley are going to be bosses for the Mega Man and Metriod stages respectfully, what others may appear? Will the Sonic stage involve Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik? Will Bowser's children make appearances in one of Mario's stages? Will Master Hand interrupt the Final Destination tournament? Those demon cats in Skyward Sword spread terror in the Zelda stage?

Prime thing though: Yoshi, Yoshi, Yoshi! :3

There should just be a Super Smash Pokemon if there are going to be so many pokemon fighters in SSB :folds arms:

Top Bottom