I just combined Nintendo 3DS Era Pokemon Models and Animations with CIV 5.

MaverickMods

Chieftain
Long time lurker, first time poster! :wavey:

After daydreaming about this for a while, I decided to made it happen.

I started by converting one Pokemon from The Models Resource, but couldn't help myself from converting more...

I'm currently in the later stages of development for a few mods that add playable civilizations with Pokemon units to Civ 5 - units that utilize the models and animations from the 3DS era Pokemon games.

A total of 4 Pokemon Civs will be released. Each in it's own mod.

The 4 Civs are either based off the regions themselves or follow a theme:

1. Jungle/Rainforest Region (Name TBD)

2. The Kanto Region

3. The Alola Region

4. Halloween (Ghost/Dark typed Pokemon)

Each Civ will contain 20+ Pokemon Units (replacers and uniques)

Every Civ will have a few super powerful units for most tech eras. Useful for whenever you that extra power to turn the tides of war - these will be of limited production.

Some legendary and mythical pokemon are only purchasable through the Religious Fervor reformation belief. (Don't worry, I added a few for each civ that don't require that)

Each Civ will have a couple of unique buildings with generous outputs.

I plan on making 2 other Pokemon Civ Mods after releasing this first set. (Won't be for a while)

Here are a few clips of development gameplay:

The Kanto Region:

FX Trigger test:

The Alola Region:

Here's what's left todo:

Spoiler :

- All Unit atlas textures

- Custom 2D Leader Scenes.

- Timed triggers for all units across 4 civs (sound, FX, etc.).

- Unit Scaling tweaks across civs

- Atlas textures for unique buildings

- Finalize city names

Post-launch updates will include:

Spoiler :

- Unit nerfs/buffs

- Animation tweaks

- Pokemon Unit Typing and Promotional effects (Fire, water, etc. If Water vs Fire, add 30% strength bonus to Water unit, etc.)

- And maybe 3D Leader Scenes..? We'll see...

I'm hoping to release these 4 mods around fall if all goes as planned.

I'll post updates here :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Send me da units and I'll send you back the units with lightning and flamethrowers and more.

I have already added a lightning bolt effect for a guy who wanted a cloud unit.

But pokemon I can get so much fancier with it and make the attacks look epic.

I'll make you all new effects for the game no problem.

We can even do the sound effects. If you also get the sound files.

I can do unit fx trigger work.
I can work wonders in there.

If you don't mind it being a dlc addon.
(Sadly the only way to do it)
I can make you all new poke city sets and poke terrain sets. Completely redo the game. We can even change out the tree models to more pokemon looking trees and jungle.

Last edited:
please please im begging you please release the units and animations regardless of the level of competition I will fix all mistakes and help out.

how did you get new animations into civ 5 im still trying to crack that nut. can you show me how.

at least send me an onix unit and animations, i really need an animation set up like his. for project aftermath.
please help me out. ill help you out i create custom content. i can do anything you need except bring in new animations.

please please im begging you please release the units and animations regardless of the level of competition I will fix all mistakes and help out.

how did you get new animations into civ 5 im still trying to crack that nut. can you show me how.

at least send me an onix unit and animations, i really need an animation set up like his. for project aftermath.
please help me out. ill help you out i create custom content. i can do anything you need except bring in new animations.

@ghost toast Thanks for your interest in my Pokemon mod! I just released the Gen 1 and Gen 7 Civ 5 mods HERE (Onix included!)

As for the tutorial, I'll be making a post on this soon. It's a bit involved and hacky.

Thanks for offering to help. I may need to pickup on that offer!

Oh wow thanks a lot for the link.

Gen 1 is good enough for me. My favorite gen anyway.

Any time you want some help. I can see what I can do.
I recently figured out how to get new units and animated resources into the game finally.

I can also make anything else that's needed for the mod. I'm pretty handy with blender and getting better every time I make something with it.

im looking at it now im so excited.

i see you did the sounds too you are a saint.

im looking at onix now love it. he's my favorite Pokémon.
plus i desperately needed an animation like his for a creation of my own.
sadly i cant figure out how to get my created animations out of blender and into civ correctly.
so i have to rely on rigging my models to animations the game and user like your provide.

but his animations are perfect for a alien snake/worm like creature i wanted to bring into my opacolypse mod

Last edited:
As for the tutorial, I'll be making a post on this soon. It's a bit involved and hacky.
I'd love a tutorial, perhaps with some in depth detail at the tricky steps -- I've been stuck several steps behind you guys, i can't get anything out of blender and back into the game (I can get things from the game into blender however, and then create some kind of output that never loads correctly -- somehow all my bones seem to get renamed, not sure if this is why). Perhaps this is more of a pedantic thing than you are working on, however

Holy cow, this is ridiculously cool - and it also feels like a miracle! I've been toying with the idea of a big ol' Pokemon mod for Civ 5 for a while now but was obviously struggling with models, ran into this post, noticed the civs hadn't been posted and assumed you were long gone, then just stumbled across this again and saw this absolute magic you've pulled off! A tutorial would definitely be MASSIVELY appreciated, I'm excited to see where you go with this from here!

Last edited:
Top Bottom