The Medmod VI

Some feedback - sorry, but I have no idea if I'm the doing something wrong installing your mod:

- national wonders seem to be bugged: Even though every city has the necessary building, it still shows that a random number are missing
- Culture needed for policies: Maybe you want it to be that hard to achieve, but to me it feels a little hard to win culture races as your mod has way bigger steps with each policy :(

Everything else is perfectly fine. Don't play standard-games any more :>

For national wonders, you have to have a minimum number of each building, not a building in every city. I think it's about 4 or 5, depending upon the wonder.
For culture costs, I haven't modded that, so you'll have to talk to the guys at 2k. ;) I will say, though, that the mod's designed more towards expansionist players than culture players.

shopedow is right. theres something wrong with the culture costs. My 4th policy on prince costs 400+ culuture points and on generic civ5 its way less. I quit right there. 3rd policy was 225, 2nd was 70 i beilieve. This is with 1 city. Also i dont believe it affects the AI. I was playing aztecs, i got lucky and got a culture goody hut before turn 10, so i got tradition opener then for my 2nd policy i got honor opener then i had a unit farming raging barbarian for culture every other turn. I also built a monument after as my 3rd thing built by my city. Despite this when the "most cultured" civilizations thing popped up i was still at 2 policies and there were 4 civilizations ahead of me with 3. Not really possible on a prince game given the circumstances. Nobody had stonehenge either. I was 13 turns away from completing it.

First off...amazing mod but also noticing the two bugs mentioned by shopedow.

I currently have 5 cities all with the Library built in each and still I'm seeing a count of (4 required) to build the National College? I'm confused, WesW can you please be a little more specific on this issue or maybe we are just nuking it!

And the culture cost is pretty high...I know you mentioned the mod was pretty much dedicated to an expansionist type of player which I am, but I don't mind throwing it some cool policies in the process.

the culture cost is the same as the vanilla game, i just ran a vanilla game to compare it to my current one and there was no difference in the amount of culture needed for each step of the polices. the only change i noticed with his mod is that i get polices faster because of a increase in the amount of culture generated by my cities now.

How do I fix the mod so I can play with only 1UPT?

Thanks lord_greywolfe for researching the culture issue for us..for some reason it seem longer than usual to get policies. Can you also confirm or deny the issue about the national wonders?

Thanks in advance.

well i have not tried with every national wonder yet but so far the ones i have done have worked fine. it told me how many of a specific building i needed to build, when i have built that many i then have the option to build the national wonder.

keep in mind i am running no other mods right now other the medmod.

i am also trying to learn how the civ v modding works but it is no where as easy as the civ iv :p. i would like to see the horses changed so they do not run out, i think that is stupid. i can understand the mined resources but animals?

Exhausted resources aren't in civ V, btw.
For culture, I have played the last half of an old game and the first half or so of a new game with the new patch, and I have consistently gotten policies about every 15 turns. Before it was 20 to 25 turns with my style of play. All I can say is what I said before: I have not modded the culture costs.
For National Wonders, I think the number of buildings it says are needed is about twice the number actually needed. Therefore, if it tells you that you need 4 more libraries, you probably only need two more.

Sonereal, just open up the Global.xml, search for "units_per_plot", and change it as you like.

I forgot to mention earlier that I am allied with a couple of cultural CSs, which is why I can get policies that quickly. I have increased their effects substantially, so I would encourage everyone to do like I did.

I just tested it again, and made sure to disable all other mods. My first policy cost 25, my second cost 70 and my 3rd cost 225. Thats way off from unmodded civ on prince difficulty. I wish i knew how you guys were getting it to have the right values.

well i rechecked the numbers of the mod against the vanilla game because i realized that they were skewed the first time through, i had more cities in the vanilla than the mod. this time i kept it at one city in both and checked upto the third policy. they are right Wes it is very off, on vanilla it was 50,65,120 on the mod it was 50,150,450.

Wes i found that the national epic is not a problem with how many monuments i have. it is asking for monuments but what it really needs is temples. also some of the national wonders, at least circus maximus, seem to still base the number needed on the number of cities you have. i had to option to build it once but after i founded a new city it told me i could not because my new city did not have colloseum .

Sonereal, just open up the Global.xml, search for "units_per_plot", and change it as you like.

Thankee.

*Edit* I can't find anything that says Units_per_plot in the Global XML

Sorry Sonereal, it's plot_unit_limit.

New Version Posted
Thanks to those of you who kept at it, I went into the mod and discovered that I had forgot to delete the line where I had modded the culture cost in a previous version. So, that is fixed in the new version.
I also looked at the national wonders, but I didn't see anything amiss. This code has been in the mod since about version 5 and there has never been a problem with it before. That doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, but it would be with the game, not the mod. If I had to guess, I would bet on something having to do with the new Stone Works building. The mod alters the number of buildings needed and how much the wonders cost, but not the type of buildings needed.
Looking over the code, I think you needed from 6 to 8 of each type of preq building, which is a bit much for those of you who play on standard maps, so I reduced the numbers by 2.

thanks for the new fix Wes :) i will be downloading it and starting a new game right away.

one thing i noticed with the tech tree was with civil service. it comes before chivalry but you need chivalry before you can research civil service. as far as i can tell it is only a cosmetic issue and does not actually affect the game.

Wes...version 11 did the trick as it pertains to National Wonders and Culture cost.

I was able to build the Heroic Epic after building (4) Barracks in (4) cities. All other National Wonders including Circus Maximus was available to be built after constructing the required building in (6) cities...if that is what you intended then it is working fine. :)

Awesome work...and thanks for the quick resolution for both situations.

You're welcome, Bert. I guess I should have gone back and checked things as soon as people started complaining about the culture, but I thought for sure that I had deleted that line. At least this way you get the national wonders taken care of, too.

Top Bottom