The Medmod VI

question: I seem to generate in inordinate amount of gold in your mod (thousands and thousands). Is this intended?

BX

I have no idea why you would be generating that amount, unless maybe you have all coastal cities or something. The only gold modifiers I have made are to the Harbor and Seaport. The harbor is like a second Marketplace, and the Seaport gives 1 extra gold to sea tiles. I still don't see that making a huge difference, though.
Anyone else experiencing this? I know I never have enough gold in my games.

To WesW :

Do you know AI Equalizer in Mod Components section of Civ 5 ?

EDIT : what map size you like to play usually ?

I just finished reading about the AI Equalizer mod. Thanks for letting me know about it. I'll download it sometime and check it out, though I want to see how the next patch works out before I consider including it in the medmod.

I play on Large maps, with 8 civs and 16 CS's. I can see where 4 spaces would be too much on a crowded Standard map.

Great mod, however, I have a few issues with it.
1. Pikemen should be buffed since you moved them up an era.
2. Mounted units are pretty overpowered in normal play, but no need for the 58% penalty on cities. That makes them completely useless.

Great mod, however, I have a few issues with it.
1. Pikemen should be buffed since you moved them up an era.
2. Mounted units are pretty overpowered in normal play, but no need for the 58% penalty on cities. That makes them completely useless.

Pikes are still a medieval unit, just now they're at the other end of it. Thinking about it, though, I guess they do need a buff, since Lancers can come out fairly soon after Pikes are available. How about str. 12?

The 58% penalty for city attack is not supposed to be there. I have corrected it for the next release.

To WesW :

I understood for min hexes between cities :

1) You play usually Large Maps with less Civ and CS than normal...

2) Large : 4 hexes separation recommended
Standard : 3 hexes recommended ?
Small : 2 hexes recommended ?

3) Smaller the map smaller the min distance between Cities ?

4) I like the change for the Harbors : +25 % gold !

5) What do you think of this ?Food Economy

Pikes are still a medieval unit, just now they're at the other end of it. Thinking about it, though, I guess they do need a buff, since Lancers can come out fairly soon after Pikes are available. How about str. 12?

The 58% penalty for city attack is not supposed to be there. I have corrected it for the next release.
They are? It kind of seems you moved them really far back though, since they originally came very early on. 12 strength seems fine.

To WesW :

I understood for min hexes between cities :

1) You play usually Large Maps with less Civ and CS than normal...

2) Large : 4 hexes separation recommended
Standard : 3 hexes recommended ?
Small : 2 hexes recommended ?

3) Smaller the map smaller the min distance between Cities ?

4) I like the change for the Harbors : +25 % gold !

5) What do you think of this ?Food Economy

I would not recommend less than 3 hexes separation no matter how small the map.
I looked at the Food Economy mod, and I think it goes too far. This mod increases the value of bonus resources significantly over their value in the default game, so I think things are in good shape as far as resources are concerned.

New patch is out !

What do you plan finally ?

New patch is out !

What do you plan finally ?

It'll take a good bit of work to figure out what I want to keep and what to change from the patch, and then alter the mod to reflect everything. I'll try to have it done sometime today, but I can't promise anything.

In the meantime, I seem to have found a way to stop the AI from declaring war on you even when it has no chance of winning. I did this by reducing the Deceitfulness setting for civs from 7 to 3. If you guys want, I can include this in the mod. I know I like it.

New Version Posted
You can get it from the game hub or zipped in the initial thread post.

Units
Guided Missiles strength raised from 60 to 80.
Missile Cruisers and Carriers can carry one more missile and plane, respectively.
Pikes have 12 str.
Tercios now replace Pikes, and are available with Civil Service. This makes the Spanish very powerful in that era.
Mounted units no longer receive a double city attack penalty.
Corrected a bug with Musketeer costs, so now they cost the same as Musketmen.
Incan Slinger combat to 4.
Musketeers and Lancers no longer ignore city walls, giving Castles a longer lifespan.

Buildings
Factories give 1 prod. to sources of Coal and Aluminum.
Windmills give 4 prod., up from 2, and Factories 8, up from 4. I left their production bonuses at the new 10% level.
Babylonian Walls give 2 food in addition to their defense bonus.
Banks give 3 gold in addition.
Universities and Public Schools retain their old effects.
Harbors and Seaports retain their mods.

Happiness
Set Luxuries back to 5 happiness.
Circuses still give 3 happiness, and other buildings still give 4 happiness. I honestly don't know how you're supposed to play the game anymore with all the happiness nixes.

Traits
The Danes get double gold from pillaging settlements and cities.
The Spanish get 250 gold from discovering wonders after someone else.
The German's maintenance cost reduction reduced from 25% to 15%.

Great People buildings now double their effect when you research their bonus tech.
Terrace Farms give +1 food with Fertilizer.
Mine's tech bonus set back to Chemistry.
Oases back to 3 food, still improvable.
You now receive Progress Reports every 10 turns instead of every 25. I really like this, especially the longer the game goes along.
Tech agreements are still out of the game, since I still feel that they mainly help the rich get richer.
I reduced the Deceptiveness setting of all AI leaders from, mostly, 7 to 3. This seems to have eliminated their wild fluctuations in attitude, and all those idiotic war declarations.

Policies and Wonders- They made a lot of changes to these areas, so I decided to leave them alone and see how they do. The only Policy change made is the Oligarchy nix for city ranged attack, and the only Wonder mod is the reduction of the Chichen Itza's Golden Age bonus to 30%.

I noticed during my editing that almost everything is now cheaper to build, with drastic reductions by the time you get to the Modern era. I thought that they had things about right where they were. We'll have to see if this results in running out of things to build.

V8 still compatible with 1.0.1.275 ?

Because Mac System ;)

If not i can be patient, i expect Mac version 1.0.1.332 mid-July late-July...

EDIT : i tried, not crash but some things have disappeared, i abandoned...

I will redownload your Mod when 1.0.1.332 will be on Macs...

By this time it will surely v10 or v11...

Plans for v9 ?

Did you read the "EDIT" ?

Sorry the mod doesn't work for you. You can always get version 7 from the hub and continue to use it. There will defintely be a version 9, but it may be a while until it's released. I have already made some changes, such as moving the Armory to Steel, but there's not enough to warrant a new version yet.
I hope I can get some feedback on version 8. Since a lot of people only post when they find something wrong or un-balanced, I guess no posts can be interpreted as a sign that people are satsified with the mod, but it would be nice to hear from people anyway.

Diplomacy is still an adventure. At one point in my current game I was in second place and at war with every other civ in the game. Four civs declared war on me the same turn! I got the warmonger vice for conquering a city-state, which is rediculous.
I still find myself needing all the happiness buffs. I really don't know how one would get by using the default rules now, at least if you're an expansionist conqueror.
I am getting new Policies about every 15 turns now, which is about 5 to 10 turns less than with the old setting, so I like that part of the patch.
I still don't know why they nerfed Factories so much. Without the extra 4 prod. that I gave it, I wonder if it would even be worth building in most cities.
So, guys, how are your games going?

Hey Wes ive downloaded and running V8. so far the over all game seems to be working great with one exception. my tech tree does not work, i can open it but there is no scroll bar to move foward on it. it has not affected my research so far but it is nice to be able to look ahead and see what is coming up. otherwise great job on the mod :). now if we can just get the gunpowder units to actually attack from a distance like the archers do lol :D

I was worried that there might be a bug in the tech tree somewhere. They changed some things in the patch, and then I had my own changes, and I worried if there would be a conflict or missing link. I was part-way through a game when the patch came out, and I am still playing it, so I don't know if it's a bug or not. I'll start a new game and see what happens.

Edit: I started a new modded game and everything seemed fine. This probably means that it's something specific to your computer, or that the tech tree isn't loading at all, and the game is falling back to the base file (this is what happened the last time there was a tech-tree bug). I need to hear from some of the rest of you on this. If more than one person is having this problem, then I'll need to try and de-bug the tree, which could be a nightmare if I don't have any idea where to start.

Wes, Just to let you know I am having the same problem with the tech tree. Otherwise the mod works fine. The mod seems to be very slow. The time for cultures for me is way too long. I don't understand the need to make the game go so slow.

well the speed he has set the game at is one of the things i enjoy about it. gives me plenty of time for creating buildings and units are obsolete by the time you build them. to me the the policys are coming faster which is a good thing. the only things i want to see happen in the game now are gunpowder units actually firing at range like the archers do and the ability to make small (5) unit stacks :). then ill be really happy and maybe play V more than BTS

Top Bottom