Conquest Plunder

superliminal

Warlord
I asked this question a while ago, but didn't receive any response. When you conquer a city, it gives you a message indicating how much Gold/Culture/Greatworks you received from plundering the city. Is there any situation where culture received is above zero or is this just a holdover from the old autocracy tree? And if so, why did they leave this in? Why not just change the culture counter to the great work counter?

On a related note. If you raze a city, what happens to the Greatworks? If you forget to move them before the city is destroyed, do they automatically transfer to your open slots? If you have no slots available are they destroyed along with the city?

And, lastly, I've been wondering about the way the AI seems to move Greatworks when you conquer cities. (Which has annoyed me, when I conquer a lush culture city expecting to plunder their museums.) If your own cities are conquered are your Greatworks automatically transferred if you have open slots? Or is this just something the AI does?

To the last point, you have to manually move Great Works; if the city they are in is captured and you haven't moved them out, they are lost/gained by the conquerer. But you have time to move them out before capture unless you're out of empty slots. They will not automatically get moved for you upon capture.

There's no way to plunder culture any more, I'm guessing leaving the text in there was just an oversight.

It would be pretty cool to have that mechanic back though, perhaps as a buff to the Honor tree.

There's no way to plunder culture any more, I'm guessing leaving the text in there was just an oversight.

It would be pretty cool to have that mechanic back though, perhaps as a buff to the Honor tree.

Yeah I was wondering if leaving the counter in meant they were contemplating reimplementing it in a later patch. Or maybe even as a UA revision for Germany.

Yeah, a "Spoils of War" social policy would be excellent :).

Aussie.

Top Bottom