Civlization 4 Lost Disc

SerakX

Chieftain
Hello, I'm new here but have been visiting the site for quite a while, mainly because of the great selection of mods and can't wait till the first Beyond the Sword mods come out.

Thing is I have a problem, somehow I managed to lose Disc 1 and my upcoming birthday will bring me an 80 GB hard drive as opposed to the 20GB and 6GB drives I have right now, so I won't be able to reinstall Civ 4.

Is there anyway to get a new Civ 4 disc one without having to and buy the game a second time? Or am I pretty much screwed.(I have looked through some topics but am hoping someone has any new ideas or ways to get the files, legally would be nice too.)

Assuming I can get a second Disc one, or at least the files needed to reinstall it,(I have a CD Burner, yay!) I plan to be here more often.

After 2 days and 29 views I can safely assume that no one is going to answer? Or is this normal around here?

Actually it's not normal, just that nobody knows the answer :( Your best bet is to try contacting Firaxis, see what they say.

Well, thanks for saying something. I was hoping someone made some ground in that area by now, apparently I was wrong. I still have the box, maybe that's all they need? My father may even have the receipt....

Your chances are very slim that they'll send you a replacement, but maybe with a scan of the receipt and UPC code you can coerce them into it ;)

Your chances are very slim that they'll send you a replacement, but maybe with a scan of the receipt and UPC code you can coerce them into it ;)

As a followon to the above thread, I travel quite a bit (bought a laptop just so I can play in the hotels). I've already had 3 DVDs and 2 CD wallets stolen out of my travel luggage/hotel room/TSA (Thanks Security). Does anyone have documented information as to what Firaxis requires to get a replacement disk? I'd much rather leave mine at home (like Alpha Centauri) someplace safe.

And there is no 'receipt' - this was a 'bundled' game (good reason to upgrade my main video card) so other than the actual video card box I don't think I have anything. Maybe a photo of myself with the game CD?....

Suggestions welcome-

That has to have to suck...
you can always try ebay, I think civ4 is like $10 but its always a risk

Top Bottom