Saves?

Haki

Chieftain
Where i can download saved games?

For mods: sorry if its wrong category of forum, from 2008 im confused with this forum :p

I want someones saved games so i can play their game. I was thinking i will find saves in Downloads but there is no saves games there :(

You can also look in the 'Stories and Tales/ Succession games' section of CFC.

A succession game (SG) is a 'solo' game played by multiple players (usually 4-6), each taking ~10T, and then passing the game on to the next player, by uploading a savegame. For every SG thread, a savegame would therefore be posted for every 10-20T of the game-in-progress, as the participating players passed it back and forth between them. Participating in an SG was/is a very good way for newer players to raise their game, by discussing decisions/actions with the better/more experienced players on the team.

The SG subforum's no longer as popular as it once was, and some games never got finished (you can see more threads/ games by changing the 'Display options/ Show threads from' pull-down menu at the top left), but it not only contains multiple savegames, but also descriptions (often including screenshots) of what each player in the team did with the preceding savegame (posted by the previous teammate). And although some of the savegames/screenshots will have been deleted since the SG was played (since all CFCers have a limit on how much they can upload), you should still be able to find more than enough there to be going on with. If you're looking to learn, you can even use the SG-turnlogs to 'play along' with what was done, and try to duplicate the teams' successes (or improve on their failures!).

Just to get you started, you could click on the link in my signature (below) to the Emperor-level Space-Race SG which I took part in (as a stalled Regent/Monarch player) a couple of years back. I haven't looked at it for a while, but it's relatively recent, so a lot of the content (including the savegames) should still be there (I certainly haven't deleted any of my own content).

CFCer LKendter has also run multiple SGs over the past 10 years. Although he and his gang mostly play at Deity (too rich for my blood!), they're playing one using Civinator's CCM mod right now (it starts here).

Top Bottom