Modules load order

Did you keep the Hydro_Civ4GameText.xml file? Cf. my post above, I forgot to integrate it in the big merge.

Yes I did. I got four great people all of them were missing their names.

Also, I did fill the empty strings by the corresponding TXT_KEY_whatever as a reminder to fill them; maybe that wasn't such a good idea afterall...

Deleting them would have had the same effect as the code puts the TXT_KEY_ string in if no entry is found.

The attached contains the Great People Names. However I only got up to B checking for duplicates on the file you provided. I assume you will merge the two and provide me with a final version.:D

With Great People names it is very important that they not have any translation except the English. This is because the code looks for a file with the name in it.

Attachments

• CIV4GameTextInfos_GreatPeople.7z
    32.2 KB · Views: 24
The attached contains the Great People Names. However I only got up to B checking for duplicates on the file you provided. I assume you will merge the two and provide me with a final version.:D

With Great People names it is very important that they not have any translation except the English. This is because the code looks for a file with the name in it.

OK, found the problem. The original file CIV4GameTextInfos_GreatPeople.xml was not included because there was no schema declaration at the beginning (Civ4Gametext.xsd). I checked the 287 original Gametext files, it's the only one in this case ;)

The easiest for now would be putting again this file as is. I haven't done any translation, so the non-english versions were in the original file ; I can delete all those and give you the file instead (though not before tomorrow).

I have put it on the SVN pending your comment because I wanted to get all the stuff released.

No work is needed unless you want to.;)

Yudishtira is fine to merge. I'm not working on it.

I am finding that it loads a lot faster with all those merges done.

I didn't notice significant changes on my side, but glad if it did help with loading speed :)

Attached are the files for the last merge; the following folders can be deleted:
- OrionsMods (except MineWarfare)
- The_J
- Tsentom1
- Faustmouse/Captives
- GreatPeople
- Promotions (except CulturalHeritage)
- Units
- Yudishtira
- Buildings

(I forgot to mention the last one in my previous post but as you said on 1st page that it was OK to merge I also included it - it's the UN mission building)

Some notes:
- I included in the package the "fixed" CIV4GameTextInfos_GreatPeople.xml (with only english entries).
- CivicInfos was edited to include all the capture/capture resistance tags from Faustmouse, as you mentioned last page.
- zMovieFix_CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml was also updated
- There was an odd entry in GreatPeople/GreatPeople_CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml.
The original file was encoded in UTF-8 and an entry was defined with the type ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_WLADYSŁAW_HORODECKI (notice the "L" with a strike). This caused problems when merged into an iso-8859-1 file, so I simply replaced the characted by an ordinary "L" (similar to its text name defined as TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_WLADYSLAW_HORODECKI).
I can't find where else this ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_WLADYSŁAW_HORODECKI is defined (with or without the strike), so I don't know if it's really used?
Anyway, now I don't get any error message anymore with the ordinary L, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

I think that it's all there was to merge, so I'll now start looking in the building and unit files a bit :) Hopefully this will allow making any change much faster and more convenient in the future.

View attachment Merged - part 4.7z

No, as with all transaction processing systems the non-null values in Hydro updates or replaces the value in core but WoC does not change values in the old if the transaction has the default value either.

If an object such as a building or units is defined in core, Faustmouse, Hydro and zMovieFix. Then it will start with the values in core, and non-null and non default values in Faustmouse's will update the values of those elements. Then Hydro's will update the values and then zMovieFix will update those values. Thus you end up with an object which is "compiled" from the four sources.

This is why, if you are changing values you should only include the object name and the tags whose value you are changing. Unfortunately some people could just not grasp this concept. Note: iirc normal BtS just replaces the whole definition so you must have the full set of tags.

I'm trying to tweak the maintenance cost of some early buildings; to make things easier, I'm doing it in a dedicated file that I put in My_Mods.

Let's say I want to remove the -1 :gold: cost of Pit traps. The file contains (of course with the proper initial/end of file):
Code:
	<BuildingInfo>
		<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_PIT_TRAPS</BuildingClass>
		<Type>BUILDING_PIT_TRAPS</Type>
		<CommerceChanges>
			<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
			<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
			<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
			<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
		</CommerceChanges>
	</BuildingInfo>

But, as you said, it doesn't work as it won't update the first iCommerce since it's a 0 value in the new file and thus won't overwrite the original -1.

I tried adding the <bForceOverwrite>1</bForceOverwrite> tag at the end, but then the result is that it seems to completely overwrite the whole building with what's in the new file - a no-name building that only kept very few properties (like iHappiness) from the original one defined in core.

What am I doing wrong? I hope I shouldn't have to copy the whole object each time I need to replace a value by 0?

I tried adding the <bForceOverwrite>1</bForceOverwrite> tag at the end, but then the result is that it seems to completely overwrite the whole building with what's in the new file - a no-name building that only kept very few properties (like iHappiness) from the original one defined in core.

What am I doing wrong? I hope I shouldn't have to copy the whole object each time I need to replace a value by 0?

Unfortunately you do have to copy the whole object when using the Force Overwrite tag. :(

And there's no way to replace the -1 :gold: by 0 without using the bForceOverwrite tag?

I *think* that if you would make a small building entry that only contains the building tags and then iCommerce, then the values inevery entry will add up. So if you'd make one with iCommerce of 1 then it should equals 0...

Not sure about this, but it's worth a try...

I *think* that if you would make a small building entry that only contains the building tags and then iCommerce, then the values inevery entry will add up. So if you'd make one with iCommerce of 1 then it should equals 0...

I've already copied everything, but I'll keep that in mind next time and try it ;)

Then when it gets merged in, 6 months from now, the person will replace the +1 with -1 as that will seem the correct thing to do.

Then when it gets merged in, 6 months from now, the person will replace the +1 with -1 as that will seem the correct thing to do.

The obvious thing to do then would be to comment one's work to that effect. I'd have thought that should be de rigueur in a shared mod project.

Top Bottom